tug a truck section

olegreen95

thought it would be different, the sport seems to be growing fast i know there not all diesels but alot are

Agreed...

We're already fighting the fact that some consider diesel motorsports... "Redneckish".

No reason to fuel the fire.

yup let me tell ya its really gay when the tug a truck money pot can be more then a sled pull, its must be a real boring thing to watch when there is a event at almost all the fairs around here also having alot of people in the stands is gay too, how you think people thought when old timers started hooking things to a tractor to see who could go further, nothing is a sensation over night. i participate in alot of different motorsports dont knock it if you havent tried it

I dont think tugging is as big elseware as it is here in Ohio is it? Its starting to outshine sled events in areas here....

oh well looks like majority wins just a thought

the events are getting bigger, there is a concrete pad poured at most of the fairgrounds around here there was a 6500 dollar payout not to long ago to the winner of 6500 lb class, the tugs around here are set up like a sled event its not as easy as you would think there is alot of driver, you cant just put it to the floor and expect to win the guys around here dnt do it to just break there trucks i just starting getting hooked on this in the spring its alittle addicting

Last edited:
Its not even around here, I do notice it is becoming popular though. IMO I don't think it's a good sport for diesel trucks to be in unless you get a chance to light the turbo before you start.

its not that bad because ur already loading the truck when the guy directing the strap centers the 2 trucks, both trucks put tension on the strap to the point where nobody is moving yet there is a flag guy at each trucks driver door, untill each driver is ready the flags arnt raised, when they are both ready there is a red and green light at the end of the pad that is turned to green. the automatics have a advantage imo but you can usually hold the other guy by holding the brakes so if your good with a clutch it works just as good, getting the jump only wins half the time

also around here we dont run slicks the tires have to be dot and a LT tire

its not that bad because ur already loading the truck when the guy directing the strap centers the 2 trucks, both trucks put tension on the strap to the point where nobody is moving yet there is a flag guy at each trucks driver door, untill each driver is ready the flags arnt raised, when they are both ready there is a red and green light at the end of the pad that is turned to green. the automatics have a advantage imo but you can usually hold the other guy by holding the brakes so if your good with a clutch it works just as good, getting the jump only wins half the time

also around here we dont run slicks the tires have to be dot and a LT tire

That doesn't sound bad then. I like the idea of not running slicks

Ive been to them alot I lived in Harrod OH for 2 years and tug a truck was everywhere. I went to the tug a truck when it was at the truckstop before it went to the fairgrounds in Wapak. I dont think we need a section for it. I think if you get out of Ohio they arent near as popular. I live 2 hours from there and Ive never seen one around here in Indiana.

I'd be for it.....but like you say it's not that popular in most areas. I'm from wapakoneta where it all started up here. During the Lima Jamboree the pot for 6500lbs was $5900. not bad for one night. I think we're up to about 40+ pulls this summer. Diesels can be good......Lance Livingston was a major threat with his 6.0, I can't think of the last time a gas truck won 9500lbs class.

More power to them, anything Diesel motorsports rocks, I'm not so arrogant to believe sled pulling is the only legitimate Diesel sport out there. Monster trucking comes to mind, lol.

Back