Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ford Competition and Performance General Ford Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2015, 03:04 AM   #1
Drasko

Name: Drasko
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
20x10 offset questions

I'm looking at a set of 20x10 raceline havoc wheels for my 99rclb 2wd. I'm trying to figure out this stupid wheel offset vs backspace issue. They have 2 sizes available, 20x10 -12offset 5" backspacing or the 20x10 -24 offset with 4.5"backspace.
I'm thoroughly confused if the backspacing listed is the actual backspace with the offset or if the wheel has a 5" backspace andd then you figure in the offset from this number.
I've never been a wheel guy so any help in explanation would be great. Which wheel will stick out the least and not rub when I turn?
I will be running nitto 305/50/20 420s on these. Help a dummy out so I don't order the wrong friggin thing lol
96 2500 ECLB 4x4 auto beater slow truck
96 3500 ECLBSW4x4 being rebuilt

Old 07-04-2015, 07:29 AM   #2
Scooter's Roofing

Name: Scooter's Roofing
Member`s Gallery
the 5" will stick out less, but the early trucks have a narrower flange to flange width, so you might actually want the 4.5" for your application

Old 07-04-2015, 11:31 AM   #3
High Cotton

Name: High Cotton
Member`s Gallery
20x10 offset questions

It's gonna be close either way just in different places. The -12 offset may rub the inside of the fender well and the -24 will rub the outside where the fender liner meets the fender. I'm running 20x10 -24 with 305/50r20's they barely rub the very outside of the fender liner at full lock when I turn, but my truck is a low as it will go with the keys I have in it. I can do some work to the fender behind the liner and make them not run but just haven't had time. This is on a dmax but you will get an idea of how far they stick out. I personally like the -24 offset because they will have a little bit wider lip. Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closed Thread