Nv4500 and t case rebuild - Houston

nike

"Can't have nothing!"
I can’t remember the name of the shop in Houston that rebuilds manuals for a lot of people. Been a few years. Any leads?

If you’re just needing a good old rebuild, I’d go to Lee’s 4x4 in Pearland. He’s an old school manual guy. He’s helped me out many times. And his prices are very reasonable.

I’ve called super stick before. No doubt they will build a manual to take a beating. And the price reflects it. Always been out of my league for what we use trucks for.

Last edited:
If you’re just needing a good old rebuild, I’d go to Lee’s 4x4 in Pearland. He’s an old school manual guy. He’s helped me out many times. And his prices are very reasonable.

I’ve called super stick before. No doubt they will build a manual to take a beating. And the price reflects it. Always been out of my league for what we use trucks for.

I’ll look him up and give a ring on Monday. Don’t need anything crazy. Going in a mild vp44 truck.

Based on paint markings, etc, it’s been gone thru before but to what extent I don’t know. Never saw it run so want it gone thru and the basics covered before installing. Thanks guys. Good to be back here

Last edited:
If you use Standard Transmission out of Dallas, make sure they locktite the 5th gear plate bolts inside the transmission.
They didn’t do that to one of mine, grenaded the entire transmission 2 hours from home and then tried to deny and make me purchase another transmission from them. Luckily I had a reputable shop pull the broken trans and have proof of that there wasn’t any locktite, or it would’ve been my word against theirs lol

I’ll look him up and give a ring on Monday. Don’t need anything crazy. Going in a mild vp44 truck.

Based on paint markings, etc, it’s been gone thru before but to what extent I don’t know. Never saw it run so want it gone thru and the basics covered before installing. Thanks guys. Good to be back here
I'd change the fluid in it and run it.
No reason to rebuild it just for sake.

Back