Boost controlllers

mopar440cu

Knowledge Seeker
I am wanting to control my boost on my 01 Dodge 5.9 Cummins with a S362sxe wastegated and would like some advise. I would like to get the boost to come on a little faster is this the route to go? I tow with this particular Dodge with 110 injectors. If this is the route to go, What controller would you suggest? I was looking at the TurboSmart T-controller, but are not sure. Maybe one of you can educate me.:st:

Thanks!!

Attachments

• boost controller.jpg
    boost controller.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 0
That device only blocks air pressure from actuating the wastegate, keeping turbocharger speed up longer than it normally would be.

It won't make it boost sooner.
I'm curious to hear other suggestions, but I'm relatively certain you are looking at Iron or software changes to get what you want.

There are two ways to look at it: you either make the turbine housing smaller, or increase the amount of exhaust available to drive it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

is it because its a smokey laggy pig with no power or what is the idea behind what you want?

quicker spool cant be achieved very easily...

you have a smarty?

is it because its a smokey laggy pig with no power or what is the idea behind what you want?

quicker spool cant be achieved very easily...

you have a smarty?

No it’s not a “smoky laggy pig” Lol
I have a Quadzilla Adrenaline with a Suncoast built transmission and 4:30 gears

I just was thinking that maybe a boost controller might help the S362sxe build boost a little earlier.

That device only blocks air pressure from actuating the wastegate, keeping turbocharger speed up longer than it normally would be.

It won't make it boost sooner.
I'm curious to hear other suggestions, but I'm relatively certain you are looking at Iron or software changes to get what you want.

There are two ways to look at it: you either make the turbine housing smaller, or increase the amount of exhaust available to drive it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

If it blocks the air from activating the actuator holding the waste-gate rod closed earlier wouldn't that make the turbo make boost sooner though?? Just thinking out loud trying to figure this out.:Cheer:

No it’s not a “smoky laggy pig” Lol
I have a Quadzilla Adrenaline with a Suncoast built transmission and 4:30 gears, etc. I love the S362sxe and it is a lot better than the old stock HY to tow with.

I just was thinking that maybe a boost controller might help the S362sxe build boost a little earlier.

I did not see where to edit what I said so... LOL:doh:

If it blocks the air from activating the actuator holding the waste-gate rod closed earlier wouldn't that make the turbo make boost sooner though?? Just thinking out loud trying to figure this out.:Cheer:

The actuator is usually preset to around 35psi when new. A boost controller would be a benefit if you wanted to increase overall boost to say 45psi. But will act the exact same up to that point, a boost controller only controls total boost, not spool time.

The actuator is usually preset to around 35psi when new. A boost controller would be a benefit if you wanted to increase overall boost to say 45psi. But will act the exact same up to that point, a boost controller only controls total boost, not spool time.

Ok, cool, thanks for clarifying that for me!!

Injectors would be my choice. 110's don't offer a lot of fuel to get the turbine going without adding a good bit of duration.

How heavy do you tow

I own a metal extrusion company that has 16' pull behinds to 36' goose necks. We tow about 6500lbs give or take with the pull behinds and about 12000 with the goose necks ,give or take rough estimating. It depends on size of job for metal on the decks.

Dont get me wrong I like the new turbo, its given the truck I am talking about a lot more torque. I was just considering maybe bringing boost on a little sooner than what I have, If it is possible.

I appreciate the help clarifying this subject.

I own a metal extrusion company that has 16' pull behinds to 36' goose necks. We tow about 6500lbs give or take with the pull behinds and about 12000 with the goose necks ,give or take rough estimating. It depends on size of job for metal on the decks.

Dont get me wrong I like the new turbo, its given the truck I am talking about a lot more torque. I was just considering maybe bringing boost on a little sooner than what I have, If it is possible.

I appreciate the help clarifying this subject.

Since you aren't towing 30k a different set of gears will load the engine more, boost would come on stronger , even a stock turbo with 3.54 gears spools much quicker than our same truck/setup with 4.10s.

Since you aren't towing 30k a different set of gears will load the engine more, boost would come on stronger , even a stock turbo with 3.54 gears spools much quicker than our same truck/setup with 4.10s.

Appreciate it! The reason we changed all our trucks to 4:10-4:30 gears from 3:54 was for hauling purposes. The 3:54 actually was really laggy at a take off.

Back