Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- GM > GM Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

GM Competition and Performance General GM Competiton and Performance

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 03:47 PM   #1
90dodge

Name: 90dodge
Title: Always Broke
Member`s Gallery
What is a donor worth?

I hate asking these kind of questions, but I need some first hand advice that I can't seem to find in past threads.

I got the okay from the woman to do the engine swap in my 95 z71, and I've been looking around at trucks I could buy as a donor for the 6.6/Allison swap into my truck. I'm tired of seeing lsx swaps, and want a reason to go to more NHRDA events so duramax it is. Seeing as I will need all the drivetrain wiring, dash, and engine/trans, what is a truck worth?

I found a 4x4 02 for 3500 that they believe needs a cp3 or injectors. How does this compare to just piecing together the parts? (Everything will be a full build)

I own too much crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedtexan View Post
Can I get my screen name changed to NickatFirepunk?

I don't work there or anything, but it won't cause any confusion.

Old 02-20-2015, 07:29 PM   #2
TheBac

Name: TheBac
Title: UPS guy
Member`s Gallery
Well, what is the plan for the truck?
New CP3 roughly $800+, so factor that in.
If it turns out the issue is injectors, but you're going to run larger % anyway, then thats pretty much a wash.
I bought a 2004 LB7 truck for $3000 that had been in a bad wreck but the drivetrain was still good. Got the truck home, bypassed the broken trans cooler and drove it around the yard. Smoothest-running LB7 I have ever heard. Sold the Tcase for $500. So deals are out there.

2017 Buick Regal 2.0T -- the DD

Old 02-20-2015, 07:39 PM   #3
90dodge

Name: 90dodge
Title: Always Broke
Member`s Gallery
Dual pumps, built bottom end, large twins or even triples, injectors, intake manifold. Pretty much break the bank build. This will be something I don't want to cut corners with. The axles and transmission will be left alone on the donor, as I'll only be swapping the rear end out on mine for a 14 bolt 6 lug.

I figured if it really is injectors or cp3, it wouldn't matter to me. I'm just not interested in ending up with a trashed block or heads.

I own too much crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedtexan View Post
Can I get my screen name changed to NickatFirepunk?

I don't work there or anything, but it won't cause any confusion.

Closed Thread