Our collection

I'll have to find a new hosting service.

picture.php

Chris

It's Gold! Well, prairie gold anyway. Looks sharp. Have to get my older boy back down there sometime, every time I turn on the TV, he wants to watch combines! He will sit for hrs a week watching tractors and combines from YouTube streaming to the tv.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Whats the story behind that one Chris? I know you guys like to collect rare birds, is there anything rare about this one? Have you ever done anything with the UDLX you guys bought many moons ago?

We've never owned a UDLX that I'm aware of.

The G550 is one of 24 of the 1555 Oliver's painted Moline yellow and called G550's. It's absolutely beautiful, and has been a 3.5 year project (almost like Jory was involved) since we started rebuilding the engine and going clear through everything. The only thing original is the gears and shafts. Everything else has been done. We haven't done a restoration like that in many years, just because we haven't had any we felt "deserved" that much work.

We did all the mechanical work and a lot of the body work, and we have a customer that does restoration work in the winter who did the detail and paint work. He's picky as they come. He sorted through my bolts and grease fittings to find enough of all the right color and even shade of color to match. Glad he did.

Chris

I'm not sure why I though you guys had a UDLX, there goes my brain going haywire, I'm sure if you had one you would remember.

Very cool, nice work Chris.

I wish I could take credit, I just have a good crew. I don't have the patience . I can do the mechanical work, but not the paint and body.

I'm not sure why I though you guys had a UDLX, there goes my brain going haywire, I'm sure if you had one you would remember.

Yeah, we just don't find them neat enough for the money. Those things are ridiculous money.

Chris

It's Gold! Well, prairie gold anyway. Looks sharp. Have to get my older boy back down there sometime, every time I turn on the TV, he wants to watch combines! He will sit for hrs a week watching tractors and combines from YouTube streaming to the tv.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

worth the trip..next time im in Ohio we gotta go see him..his stuff is awesome..lets do it in the summer tho when they have that steam show somewhere around Marysville...f that cold ****:lolly:

I saw that, and I think they left a lot of speed on the table with what they list as specs on the engine. We have a couple models with goofy gears in them that can hit 30mph at 2000RPM engine. Not saying I'm going for a record or anything, but it got me thinking about doing something ridiculous.

Chris

From talking to his farm mechanic, I believe there's still a lot left in it. There's a ton of custom in that rear axle. Still a stock Allis housing that has drop axles turned backwards. That's the original tractor that got them started pulling many years ago.

And Eric, Tyler said black widow is gone. We were talking about it a while back. Basically got rid of everything pulling related when he got real sick a few years ago.

From talking to his farm mechanic, I believe there's still a lot left in it. There's a ton of custom in that rear axle. Still a stock Allis housing that has drop axles turned backwards. That's the original tractor that got them started pulling many years ago.

And Eric, Tyler said black widow is gone. We were talking about it a while back. Basically got rid of everything pulling related when he got real sick a few years ago.

Double lung transplant will do that to ya.

100+ in a tractor would be pretty sketchy

Hey Chris, do you have a line on Moline parts or manuals?
There are a few issues but mostly it seems like half of ours have broken torque amplifiers. Some work in high, some low.

Back