Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > EFI Live Tuning Discussion (Cummins)
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 07:59 AM   #1
superdutyfarmer

Name: superdutyfarmer
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Efi live hd tuning for performance engine?

I know it was just released but I'm looking for some information on the new hd tuning. I'm sure guys are playing with it. I'm interested in what the limitations are.
The project I have in mind is building a qsb4.5 common rail to replace the ppump 4bt in my ranger. If the tuning is able to control the fueling and get the rpm I want out of it I'll build an engine and see what we can do with it. I'm thinking a 10mm pump and 4 250% injectors with the colt can I have in the 4bt and the same compound setup.

Any info appreciated
Rodney

Old 12-24-2017, 01:59 PM   #2
Catpuller

Name: Catpuller
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
I have't played with it too much yet but it appears we have most of the same parameters available as a newer 6.7 in a Ram...

Old 12-24-2017, 05:45 PM   #3
Ackerdiesel

Name: Ackerdiesel
Member`s Gallery
Which ECM is on that QSB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
BD Diesel Performance
Diesel Performance Converters
Pro Street Diesel
Drivelines Plus
Done Right Diesel Performance
Firepunk

Old 12-24-2017, 08:08 PM   #4
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackerdiesel View Post
Which ECM is on that QSB?

Either a 2150 or a 2250.

I have a Tier 4 (final) QSB 4.5 that has the 2250 and a Tier 3 4.5 that has the 2150.

Mark.

Old 12-24-2017, 10:53 PM   #5
Ackerdiesel

Name: Ackerdiesel
Member`s Gallery
Should be a 2250 or a 2350. Yes it can be tuned with EFI and should allow full tune/rpm capability. I’ll check Tuesday if I think about it

BD Diesel Performance
Diesel Performance Converters
Pro Street Diesel
Drivelines Plus
Done Right Diesel Performance
Firepunk

Old 12-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #6
superdutyfarmer

Name: superdutyfarmer
Member`s Gallery
Cm2150 and 2250 that we have at the shop use same part number ecm so I can change them base calibration with a fleet cal I think. I figure I'll end up buying a few til I find one that works. Initially I received feedback where a company was wanting 3x as much money for an autocal with a few tunes. They were talking $3400. At that price I'll just go through my old dinosaur and keep that. Since then I've talked with a couple people saying that the amount of control is even better than with the dodge platform.

Mark i may be interested in one of them 4.5 depending on price. One I bought for the ecm and stuff out side has a hole in it
Rodney

Old 12-25-2017, 02:55 PM   #7
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
Not really sure what the CM numbers are, all I know is the early one has the older 2 port configuration, with the small plug and the newer one has 3 large ports for the harnesses.
Both have ECMs and harnesses and I believe I still have the pinouts for the tier 3s APPS and the OBD port.

The Tier 4 (final) has a VGT turbo and is an EGR engine and when I ran the serial number it came up as a generic build stationary engine.

The tier 3 is from a chipper/shredder that had antifreeze in the crankcase, which, according to the last owner, turned out to be introduced by the equipment, not the engine itself.
It has a light tick (knock) when I hand crank it, so it needs torn down.

They are both for sale, I had delusions of making them into something useful, but it's not anywhere close to being on my list of things to do.

Mark.

Closed Thread