Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > The Starting Line > Dyno Forum
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Dyno Forum Discuss Dyno Tuning, and Post those Graphs Here!

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 01:12 PM   #21
Timbeaux

Name: Timbeaux
Title: Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Member`s Gallery
Yeah, we only know a few of those guys, The Shop that hosted the event, and the Editor of the Magazine only posts sometimes
NO LIMIT FAB, DIESEL SOUTH, DC CUSTOMS
Quote:
"I just love everything about racing. I wanna race every single day. Its nothing for me to be cutting grass and the neighbor hoss the gas on his mower, and there we are, lined up in the the middle of the street." - Stevie KillinTime Jackson
"Against stupidity, the gods themselves fight unvictorious."

Old 02-10-2007, 01:52 PM   #22
W1cked

Name: W1cked
Title: Diesel Junkie
Member`s Gallery
Yes the challenge for this year will be held in September and yes you are right it is an invitational thing.
Tim
To answer your question lets forget about my dyno sheet for a while. What will make you happy at this point? What do you want to hear to make you happy?
Will it be that i am a 325hp cummins with pretty rims. If this is it I can PM you this so you can just give up. If you want to beleive the sheet fine and if you dont that is OK with me also.

Last edited by UNBROKEN; 02-10-2007 at 02:50 PM.

Old 02-10-2007, 01:58 PM   #23
UNBROKEN

Name: UNBROKEN
Title: Ezekiel 25:17
Member`s Gallery
All it's gonna take is some track numbers...those will always back up a dyno sheet. I'm sure MOroso is open tonight if you can make it. I personally would like to see you back it up...but looking at the sheets..I have doubts that you can. Nothing personal...just my opinion.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #24
COMP461

Name: COMP461
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Ok I’m calling BS, 800 hp is not impossible easy to achieve with a CR single on # 2 , and with the right parts, its well with in reach. The following is a must have list if you going to do it with a street truck that will last more then a few pulls.
First and foremost extensive cylinder head work, to the extent of a detachable intake manifold to access the areas essential to a maximal port program. The HTT manifold or ATS manifold must be ported also to match the head.

Next a cam program is also a must have item, to get the air in and out, along with the necessary blow down timing to help spool the large turbo needed.

Definitely something different then the turbo mentions, a Silver Bullet 66 at minimum or more.

A good modified CP3 pump like the Industrial Injection unit, along with a good set of well engineered injectors , not necessary the biggest , but again the most efficient, remember its not the volume of fuel , but the most efficiently use of the available fuel .

A custom intercooler from hell like the one Joe builds. Remember no nitrous to help with the intercooling effect. I recently installed the Banks Technicooler on Project X and gained 4 lbs of boosts on the intake side loosing a lot of back pressure I didn’t know was there , the stock intercooler is very restrictive.

Now you will have to have electronics, with direct support from you favorite vendor to work some custom tunes out, this is a absolute must!!!!!

That will make 800 + hp uncorrected on fuel, and I would guess a lot more.
BTW Project X diesel made 765 on fuel only , and that was with the pressure box turned down to keep from over fueling with one stage of NX .125 the power uncorrected was 862 hp and 1655 tq

So there is the documented fact of a truck dynoed in the presents of Diesel P ower. Give us some spec’s on your truck and maybe I could retract the BS comment.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:37 PM   #25
mikeym

Name: mikeym
Title: Master Baiter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbeaux38
Really, Cuz they did that in Bowling Green a few months back.... Dude, i'm gonna tell you this one more time.... I appreciate you coming here and posting, but if you thnk for a minute that the crowd here believes your drivel, you need to go see a shrink.... You may have an 800 HP sheet, but you donr have an 800 HP truck, so quit acting like you do. The guys that hang here arent a buncha goofs that will drool over your sheet, they were acutally making 800HP legitimately years ago. I bet you race DJ just like you were gonna race the dmax on the other board when you blew up your supposed transmission(ATS stage 6 ) 4 times, and he blew his motor 3 times.

When you get in the DP challenge, you gonna pull a sled with your Dubz? I bet they got mad hook, yo

Answer me one question, and I'll leave you alone.... Tell me how you have popped 833 when there are folks that have bigger turbos, headwork, hotter sticks, and more fuel than you do that cant? Must be the wheels.... Oh yeah, nice sig....where did you get that idea from?
for some reason, mods bashing their members comes across more childish than a phony member to me. i dont know who the guy is, but he came back after the bashing everyone gave him, and said he wasnt talking anymore about it until after the race with dj. why cant the issue be laid to rest until the race? fighting isnt making either truck faster. if w1cked doesnt show, bash away. if DJ outruns him, youll know his #'s arent correct. if he does however outrun DJ, id think it would be really embarassing for those that continue to bash him...
05 f350 crew cab long bed, 10.5" rize, deaver rears, bilstein 5150s all around, 38x15.50x18 dick cepek mud countrys, 18x9.5 pro comp 1023s clearcoated, 4.56s, built 5r110, triple disc converter, warn trans4mer, milemarker 12k winch, pml diff covers, rize ladder bars, rize dual stabilzer with bilsteins, adj. trac bar, amp reasearch steps, doug tuned sct, 65mm turbo, cd intercooler, airaid & zoodad, 5" straight pipe, fluidampr, welded egr, shimmed regulator, isspros, viair 480c with nathan p3, husky mats, marathon seat covers, uws toolbox, uws 100 gallon transfer tank w/15gpm pump, uws dog box

Old 02-10-2007, 02:47 PM   #26
CookCR

Name: CookCR
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Why wait, we know his claims are BS. The mod "bashing" as you put it only goes to show how stupid these claims are. Old Choke hung around for ever when people raised the BS flag lets not have a repeat...

Old 02-10-2007, 02:51 PM   #27
UNBROKEN

Member`s Gallery
Alright dammit...I'm back to editing posts and crap like the last thread...keep it civil so I can leave it open. I have better things to do today than babysit.

Old 02-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #28
W1cked

Member`s Gallery
I am still here cook and I am not going anywhere. Bash away all you guys want. I have put up a white flag and called a cease fire till the day of the race but if it makes you happier to bash then go ahead. I really am amazed how much bashing goes on in this forum. I would never underestimate anyone that i dont even know. I dont know anyone on this forum personally and no one knows exaclty what i have done to my truck and what mods i have done. I will REPEAT THIS ONE MORE TIME I DONT CARE IF YOU BELEIVE MY NUMBERS THEY ARE JUST NUMBERS.
One more thing that alot of these guys that are bashing is that I live at sea level.. Might want to do some research on this big word i just put down.
This makes a big differrence

Old 02-10-2007, 02:55 PM   #29
mikeym

Member`s Gallery
well, if the guy accepts a public race with one of the fastest fords around, and is willing to put money on the line, i doubt hes driving a turd. if he backs down and doesnt show, bash away...
05 f350 crew cab long bed, 10.5" rize, deaver rears, bilstein 5150s all around, 38x15.50x18 dick cepek mud countrys, 18x9.5 pro comp 1023s clearcoated, 4.56s, built 5r110, triple disc converter, warn trans4mer, milemarker 12k winch, pml diff covers, rize ladder bars, rize dual stabilzer with bilsteins, adj. trac bar, amp reasearch steps, doug tuned sct, 65mm turbo, cd intercooler, airaid & zoodad, 5" straight pipe, fluidampr, welded egr, shimmed regulator, isspros, viair 480c with nathan p3, husky mats, marathon seat covers, uws toolbox, uws 100 gallon transfer tank w/15gpm pump, uws dog box

Old 02-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #30
UNBROKEN

Member`s Gallery
I saw the list of mods before...it seems to have been removed.
I tend to wonder why ?

Old 02-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #31
mikeym

Member`s Gallery
i saw that also rich.

Old 02-10-2007, 03:09 PM   #32
W1cked

Member`s Gallery
Unbroken
I have removed my list of mods becuase this is how they want to play on this forum. I would have never removed but the bashing started and guess what i was being humble enough to put my mods out there so people could get an idea of what i am doing. After the race with DJ I will put up mods dyno info times. What ever you guys want to see. I am willing to bring up the stakes if DJ wants also not necessary but if all you guys here on the forum are so sure about me being a liar than give DJ your money and I will go up to 5k on the race.
Guys you have nothing to lose my truck is a daily driven truck to work that according to someone here is a 14 second truck.

Old 02-10-2007, 03:12 PM   #33
UNBROKEN

Member`s Gallery
I was just thinking that if the mod list was out there...some of the true Cummins experts could possibly verify your HP numbers. Without that to go on....you're kinda hung out all alone.

Old 02-10-2007, 03:24 PM   #34
W1cked

Member`s Gallery
Any cummins expert that would like to know my mods just PM me and I will be more than glad to go over my mods with them. Sometimes it takes a little thinking out of the box to acheive your goals.
Here is what Don M said on the other forum.

Quote:
Don M
DTR Advertiser

The old, and I must say proven theory was that the A5K just could not support that much HP, but as the CR takes shape and we learn more about it, we are certainly finding out the CR system is utilizing the air much better than the old mechanical systems.

If Tim B can take a 66 sized turbo in the low 70 lb/mn range to 725 HP, then I am becoming more convinced that a 80 plus lb/mn turbo can support 830.

I think W1cked has it done. More testing on other trucks will verify this in the coming weeks. hint hint.
Thanks to all my sponsors: Industrial Injection, Nitrous Express, Amsoil, Tranny Tech, GAW

Old 02-10-2007, 03:34 PM   #35
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery
Numbers.....mods.....whatever.... a "Race" has been declared and that will end all of the BS, period. I look at this the same way I look at Keith's (NG) truck. He has -0- sheets up and claims 1000+ RWHP with the GM. I have not seen one shread of NG mods but I believe it.

Arguing about this 800 HP is a moot point. I think this is best left alone until the race happens....no replys to any HP post will keep it from becoming a problem.

W1cked, if you did make the 800 on #2 . And, if you are willing to share this info , I'd like to see it as well.

Intil then ..........ASTA.

Burner

Old 02-10-2007, 03:43 PM   #36
mikeym

Member`s Gallery
at least one person agrees with me, lol

Old 02-10-2007, 04:03 PM   #37
Burner

Name: Burner
Title: slow poke
Member`s Gallery
.......adding fuel to the fire ..... If Greg posts his 750-800 HP numbers at the track, it might give us an Idea of how the O'le Dodge might fair against the Ferd.

Old 02-10-2007, 04:30 PM   #38
cliff-1972

Name: cliff-1972
Member`s Gallery
W1cked,want to race a Ford....................race MADDOG then Might have a Cummins in it,but the rest is a Ford?????Now I would pay to see this race I would race you but it would have to be a couple of months from now,engine is torn down.It would have to be a bracket race though,because you us Fords are so slow

Old 02-10-2007, 04:33 PM   #39
cliff-1972

Name: cliff-1972
Member`s Gallery
I remember when they called BS on COMP461 for saying he couldn't go as fast as he does.Look at him now though.................................

Old 02-10-2007, 04:35 PM   #40
CookCR

Name: CookCR
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by W1cked
Any cummins expert that would like to know my mods just PM me and I will be more than glad to go over my mods with them. Sometimes it takes a little thinking out of the box to acheive your goals.
Here is what Don M said on the other forum.
You keep drawing don m into the equation like its a card game. Sea level is 2 words. On a naturally aspirated engine elevation comes big into play, but with a turbo charged engine it doesnt make as much of a difference. Granted it does come into play and you will see a fair difference but not enough for me to belive that you have 800HP at any elevation.

Closed Thread