Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > Pureflow Airdog
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 08:08 AM   #81
DISTURBED

Name: DISTURBED
Title: YEA WE RIDE THE SHORT BUS
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxr621 View Post
well boys my and Anthony went 5 rounds on cummins forum over repeated pump failure and my warranty info "unable" to be located! After he wouldnt return my voice mails i turned to the forums to call him out. And even then he wasnt man enough to pick up the phone and resolve the matter like an adult. Instead he had me banned from posting on the site. But I would like to say special thanks to XDP customer service and FASS for stepping up to the plate and helping get my truck back on the road! Would love to get to know you guys but i'm sure he will try to have my account suspended here for speaking the truth as well!
Oh yay! Another dumbass has joined the site

01 CTD Retired sled puller, dedicated "Twin Turbo" tow rig
96 CTD "TOO" Disturbed 3.0 - Built by Disturbed Diesel Performance
96 CTD "The Sickness" 2.6/2.8- Built by Disturbed Diesel Performance

Old 01-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #82
2Tone12V

Name: 2Tone12V
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBED View Post
Oh yay! Another dumbass has joined the site
You got it. He also filed a negative complaint on one of the guys from XDP that was trying to help him because they wouldn't give him a free pump.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:13 AM   #83
SINNER

Name: SINNER
Title: BallSoHard U
Member`s Gallery
Is he claiming he sent in the warranty information that you lost? Because to be quite honest I heard the exact same thing from a very good friend of mine. Had a pump failure and tried to get you all to warranty it. He said everyone kept hounding him for a receipt and completely ignored the fact he had sent in a copy with his warranty. Not picking sides but if I am reading his b!tch correctly it sounds just like a story I have already heard.

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...

Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #84
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNER View Post
Is he claiming he sent in the warranty information that you lost? Because to be quite honest I heard the exact same thing from a very good friend of mine. Had a pump failure and tried to get you all to warranty it. He said everyone kept hounding him for a receipt and completely ignored the fact he had sent in a copy with his warranty. Not picking sides but if I am reading his b!tch correctly it sounds just like a story I have already heard.
That is correct. And if it's sent it, it get's entered into the system. You would be suprised how very few we get here each day. It happens all the time. And it wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have so many people call and lie to us about when they bought it, yes they sent it in etc. I assure you that if we are going to throw someone's card away, we wouldn't even bother having them. If they get to us. They get entered. Only one person is allowed to handle them here to ensure they are all taken care of properly.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #85
SINNER

Member`s Gallery
Perhaps that is the issue. I actually recommended your pump to my friend looking at the other brand and he most definitely sent in the info in at the time of purchase. I told him to make sure he did and he did. He lost the original and was refused warranty without his receipt. Luckily for him it was purchased from a dealer who had kept records and provided him with a copy of the sales receipt.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:37 AM   #86
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
This isn't meant towards your friend here because I know there are people that actually do send them in and we don't get them. But if all the people that said they sent in, actually did send it in. USPS is HORRIBLE!!! We have pallets of pumps leaving each day and only 10-15 cards that come in each day. I started telling people to require a signature when they send it in. Yes it will cost $4-$5 but you can track it then.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #87
SINNER

Member`s Gallery
I know a lot of companies I am dealing with seem to do online registration for that very reason. USPS sucks. Another reason to purchase from a vendor who has been around for decades. IIRC he bought it from Summit. Whoever it was they saved him some headaches. BTW he runs his truck off of stored fuel on his farm and swears he has not had 1 issue with his fuel since he added the airdog. I always tell him he has more growing in his fuel than his fields

Old 01-31-2013, 11:36 AM   #88
LReiff

Name: LReiff
Title: The Antistock
Member`s Gallery
Back to the topic of plastic brackets. I have custom bracketry made from 1/4" steel plate so I can mount the units I install up out of harm's way. They are a very simple bracket and my cost is $10 ea. from a fab shop, they have holes punched, one bend and the edges debured. I must paint them.

The plastic brackets do eliminate the chance of rust and after a few attempts at breaking one I doubt that's an issue. I can not modify a plastic bracket like I could the steel version so I have a stack of them. Anthony, if you have a program where you buy back new leftover parts I'd have a large box full of plastic brackets, hose splice fittings, and quick connect fittings that thread into the pumps. I'd sell it back to you for pennies on the dollar. There's even a few new quick connect hose assemblies here that I don't need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4dually
If anyone thinks the internet is serious they should seriously log off and burn their laptop.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #89
2Tone12V

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LReiff View Post
Back to the topic of plastic brackets. I have custom bracketry made from 1/4" steel plate so I can mount the units I install up out of harm's way. They are a very simple bracket and my cost is $10 ea. from a fab shop, they have holes punched, one bend and the edges debured. I must paint them.

The plastic brackets do eliminate the chance of rust and after a few attempts at breaking one I doubt that's an issue. I can not modify a plastic bracket like I could the steel version so I have a stack of them. Anthony, if you have a program where you buy back new leftover parts I'd have a large box full of plastic brackets, hose splice fittings, and quick connect fittings that thread into the pumps. I'd sell it back to you for pennies on the dollar. There's even a few new quick connect hose assemblies here that I don't need.
I do have pump only prices is you absolutely can't live with using them.

Old 02-16-2015, 06:03 PM   #90
DieselFan808

Name: DieselFan808
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LReiff View Post

I would be interested in some 1/4" brackets.. The plastic just makes me nervous. Buying the 4g next month!

Old 02-16-2015, 09:36 PM   #91
cummin get it

Name: cummin get it
Title: coal train
Member`s Gallery
I would personally prefer a plastic mount. No corrosion or rust to deal with. Plastic technology has made some good progress.

01 3.0 pull. Home of scrap iron.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:24 PM   #92
6 speed 90

Name: 6 speed 90
Title: Drunken hillbilly
Member`s Gallery
I would like to see if the plastic brackets quiet things down a little. Id trust them to last and not break but that's just my 2 cents. The steel brackets on my 165 are rusty as he11.

Id be interested in trying an pureflow product again, I had two motors take a crap on me, and lost faith in the product. But can you blame me 0° out and stranded in bfe lol

You all know the day the cr finally beats the dinosaur all these tickle by wire guys are going to look like a bunch of virgins on prom night busting their first nut! There won't be a dry keyboard in this place

Old 03-21-2015, 04:31 PM   #93
inline

Name: inline
Title: Professional lurker
Member`s Gallery
Fuel lab pumps. Good pumps if you run them on kill and don't drive them everyday and expensive as hell. Just because they don't have a shaft seal and allow fuel to run inside the motor doesn't mean you have the problems of electric motor's solved. Those things aren't made for longevity. There is a thread on here somewhere that I asked the people that did the testing from NADM to come on and chat. But they never did. They claimed all this higher flow bull chit better than AirDog blah blah blah blah blah. So I personally bought one and tested it. Given who they are getting their marketing advice from. It's no wonder I found their numbers to be a lie when I tested them. The numbers were nearly identical to the AirDog. BUT you will sacrifice life span. And air separation HAHAHAHAH!!!! Pop open that DO NOT OPEN container and see what you get. What a joke! Talk about a horribly designed/engineered pump!! I won't tell them why. I'll let them continue to put them out and people will see why eventually. Our goal is daily driver trucks. If we have a pump that will run a big nasty drag truck or puller. So be it, I'm all for doing it. BUT I'll be the first to tell you if i can or can't.

Did I miss anything? AirDog is doing VERY VERY well. Any of you that have switched want a pump to try to show you I'm not lying? I didn't proof read this before hitting post so sorry for any mistakes or if I missed anything.

I will second that Fuelab pumps do not stand up to daily driver, especially in the colder weather, and their answer is always " it must be gelled fuel".

So I am looking at the 4g as a replacement. Is their a way to order just the pump and wiring kit?

Old 03-21-2015, 09:28 PM   #94
6 speed 90

Name: 6 speed 90
Title: Drunken hillbilly
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by inline View Post
Fuel lab pumps. Good pumps if you run them on kill and don't drive them everyday and expensive as hell. Just because they don't have a shaft seal and allow fuel to run inside the motor doesn't mean you have the problems of electric motor's solved. Those things aren't made for longevity. There is a thread on here somewhere that I asked the people that did the testing from NADM to come on and chat. But they never did. They claimed all this higher flow bull chit better than AirDog blah blah blah blah blah. So I personally bought one and tested it. Given who they are getting their marketing advice from. It's no wonder I found their numbers to be a lie when I tested them. The numbers were nearly identical to the AirDog. BUT you will sacrifice life span. And air separation HAHAHAHAH!!!! Pop open that DO NOT OPEN container and see what you get. What a joke! Talk about a horribly designed/engineered pump!! I won't tell them why. I'll let them continue to put them out and people will see why eventually. Our goal is daily driver trucks. If we have a pump that will run a big nasty drag truck or puller. So be it, I'm all for doing it. BUT I'll be the first to tell you if i can or can't.

Did I miss anything? AirDog is doing VERY VERY well. Any of you that have switched want a pump to try to show you I'm not lying? I didn't proof read this before hitting post so sorry for any mistakes or if I missed anything.

I will second that Fuelab pumps do not stand up to daily driver, especially in the colder weather, and their answer is always " it must be gelled fuel".

So I am looking at the 4g as a replacement. Is their a way to order just the pump and wiring kit?
Wow!!!,, I don't think you missed a damn thing, I will say I stand behind any product that the producer and seller will back up. That being said I "switched" because of the lack of support I got and the a hole tech I spoke to 3 times, I think they have a awesome product I just got fed up with the Bs. I built my own system... I'm just stubborn and crafty we'll see how it will work. Just my opinion don't kill me now.

You all know the day the cr finally beats the dinosaur all these tickle by wire guys are going to look like a bunch of virgins on prom night busting their first nut! There won't be a dry keyboard in this place

Last edited by 6 speed 90; 03-21-2015 at 09:32 PM.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:11 PM   #95
STROKETHISF350

Name: STROKETHISF350
Member`s Gallery
I have a fass 150 on my truck, build date it from 2007 and it's still goin strong. I've had at least 4 friends in the past year who had an air dog crap out on them one truck had only 7000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06 ram 3500 CCLB dually l 100% fleece injectors l ppe dual fuelers l Hamilton 188/220 l 103# valve springs l ported & oringed head l arp 425s l he 351 over 475 built by me l efi live l fass l full billet 48re built by me

Closed Thread