2014 Laramie 2500

Post #4....

I wanted to wait for the air ride. Dealer doesn't have a release date so I went for the coil. Rumor from them is the ride is similar. Maybe an update kit from Chrysler in the near future or aftermarket world. I'd like something with adjustable pressure from the cab and a leveling valve.

I have my fingers crossed for something that can put me into the 400-425hp range as well. I'm not sure I'd ever even want a delete. Maybe egr once available. I don't see a problem with a power/mileage increase and a functioning dpf/scr system. Today's tuning seems a mile ahead of 10 years ago.

These new rams are impressive inside and out these days to say the least.

Well I should have known better. Autocal with Hardway tuning will be here in a few days. Definitely looking forward to the tranny being tuned. Im sick of this truck lugging around in 6th gear locked up at 35mph and 800rpms.

Hopefully in the near future I'll call Phil and order a converter. Then I'll start on fabbing up piping to add a Gt42 to the mix.

Debadged, washed, clay barred, waxed, and buffed. Powdercoat ordered for bumpers.

D06A6AB3-A079-4134-9BD0-3F7B19B07B61_zps4ppap0ue.jpg

Had the bumpers blasted and powder coated metallic charcoal a couple months ago.

17B0BDF7-F217-494F-A876-50811D52B512_zpsr3d4m2u9.jpg

Hit 20,000 and no mechanical problems so far. Small win.

Last edited:
Thanks. Overall been a great truck so far. Haven't had any 8.4 problems with the stereo/heater/etc. Tows great, rides great, good power. Not overly happy with the tranny. Tunes just don't feel worth a darn. Lots to be desired. Hopefully the newest hardway tunes help clear that up. Seeking some hard parts as of now. Trans upgrades and s465.

Back