Brake Upgrades?

DCSpecial

Mr. Sinister
After about 48,000 miles (only 2000 of which were on stock sized tires), it looks like I'll be needing new rotors and pads sometime within the next few months.

Anybody running any aftermarket rotors and pads?

If so, how do you like them? How do they compare to stock?

I put the EGR slotted brake rotors and pads on mine. Very nice, but a little too expensive! The Power Slot/Hawk Pad combo is supposed to be very good and cost effective!

The new rotors and pads on my truck made a big difference. No more shaking or fading on hard braking. Just my 2 pennies!!

Ben

Betaracer said:
Dan, contact Denny (DrSpeed)

He added some new brakes.

I talk with Denny pretty regularly...mainly just to :bs: .
That SSBC caliper and Powlerslot combo would be nice.......but I think those calipers are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Powerslots seem pretty reasonable though.

dieselex said:
I put the EGR slotted brake rotors and pads on mine. Very nice, but a little too expensive! The Power Slot/Hawk Pad combo is supposed to be very good and cost effective!

The new rotors and pads on my truck made a big difference. No more shaking or fading on hard braking. Just my 2 pennies!!

Ben

Thanks for the info on the EGR rotors and pads :thankyou2:
Where did you get them from?

The Powerslot Rotor/Hawk Pad combo is on my list of products to look into.:rockwoot:

DCSpecial said:
Thanks for the info on the EGR rotors and pads :thankyou2:
Where did you get them from?:

I got them from EGR directly. Try this: egrbrakes.com. I spoke with Glen, I think he's the Ford guy. You can try this # too 800-468-2279. It's an old #. I think they moved but it may still work.

Ben

DC, Id say stic wth the factory stuff for the money difference. Ive got 106K on my factory pads and rotors and still going:rockwoot:
Ill be changing them here sometime and Ive already got the factory replacements waiting to be installed Ill be using the FoMoCo Superduty Pads
Parts #s are BRSD757 and BRSD756

I was looking into aftermarkets as well. Seems like there has got to be some better stuff on the market then the Ford Factory gear, but as the dude mentioned above. I have 80K miles on my truck and am still on the stockers. I have had no problems to date. I have been running 38's since 7k miles. Its hard to replace something that is working just fine. My pops has 150K on his 7.3 Excursion. He has gone through 2 sets of pads and just had to replace his 1st set of rotors last week. Granted he is all highway miles and is on stock tires but still.

I put on Off Road Unlimited frozen rotors with matching pads on my X a few months ago. The stopping power is so much better than the stockers it's unreal. It is my wifes daily driver and she has had to get on the brakes hard a few times and they stopped the X faster than expected. She called me later and thanked my for putting them on. Well worth the $800.

misc_012.jpg

dieselex,

Your right the Powerslot cyro'ed rotors and the Hawk pads are a definite improvement and still are near the price for stock Ford replacement parts. It's been the best non HP upgrade I have done to my truck!!

Mark @ DPPI

Back