Aftermarket Lock out hubs?????

I talked to Dynatrac about their kit. To get the heavy duty kit you have to upgrade the carrier to 35 spline. iirc The 32 spline axle is too weak for such a long axle. I was going to do it for the strenth and mileage since I still DD mine.

The lockout will be a weak point. I have the EMS kit and they felt the lockouts wouldn't hold. Even though the warn premiums have a great warranty, I wouldn't want a lockout to snap while pulling. Probably snap something else from the recoil. EMS can get drive flanges to use instead of the lockouts. Pretty simple to change also.

I have run the ems kits and they work great. The drive flanges work great. Plus alot cheaper than dynatrac. Any questions PM me about them.

Why not on here so This thread can be informative to everyone $.02

What are the EMS's and What are drive flages???

EMS Off Road offers a convesion kit for like $700 less I think than Dynatrac

Drive flanges bolt in place of a lock in/out hub and keep the axle locked in permanently.

im emailing and calling both to see what they say before i buy anything.......i do like EMS's long side axle kit though.....

EMS Off Road offers a convesion kit for like $700 less I think than Dynatrac

Drive flanges bolt in place of a lock in/out hub and keep the axle locked in permanently.

So this basically turns the Dana 60 into a 'live' front axle similar to the AAM thats on the 3rd gens?

So this basically turns the Dana 60 into a 'live' front axle similar to the AAM thats on the 3rd gens?

what it does is completely gets rid of the factory unit bearings on the truck and replaces them with serviceable (I.E. 1997 older ford, 1993 older dodge 1987 older chevy) bearings....but instead of using a lock out like those older trucks did, you use a drive flange......its just a splined lug that locks the axles to the hub......no way to disengage it like a lockout unless you remove it........

I got the drive flanges and the lockouts. They are like 10 minutes to change. I went with the spicer superjoints, and if I every have to run on the street for some reason, the spicer superjoints won't last long. So I can pop out the drive flanges and put in the lockouts and away I go.

your running the EMS kit Z?? what about their inner axle kit.......whats killing me is that i want to buy the kit but i want to run dually adapters and their only kit comes with new built in adapters.....but im not going to run the adapters til LATER.....right now its a street truck.....

For the price of those things you can get a used dana 60 stuff in some drive hubs, stronger axles, and a locker.

X2 one drive flanges they are twice as strong as lock-outs, Ive yet to seen a drive flange ever break were Ive seen countless amounts of lockouts break.

Also if you run a Dana 60 front, youll break lockout very quick if you have a 35 spline stub shaft, were if you have a lockout for a 30 spline it will last you much longer. So guess what Im saying is if you have a Dana 60 and need lock outs get cromoloy 30 spline stubs and lockouts, which is a pretty stout combo.

your running the EMS kit Z?? what about their inner axle kit.......whats killing me is that i want to buy the kit but i want to run dually adapters and their only kit comes with new built in adapters.....but im not going to run the adapters til LATER.....right now its a street truck.....

I have the pieces in the garage. I haven't put it together yet. I got the 35spline inners, outers, drive flanges, superjoints, ARB, warn premium etc from them. I think the dually adapters won't clear the hub, you could possibly machine it to fix that. Lots of places won't allow you to run dually spacers without a dually wheel on the front.

I have the pieces in the garage. I haven't put it together yet. I got the 35spline inners, outers, drive flanges, superjoints, ARB, warn premium etc from them. I think the dually adapters won't clear the hub, you could possibly machine it to fix that. Lots of places won't allow you to run dually spacers without a dually wheel on the front.

i know but most of the brush pulls ill be going to dont care plus ill only be pulling this truck a few times a year right now cause of working over here.....

For the price of those things you can get a used dana 60 stuff in some drive hubs, stronger axles, and a locker.

I good used Dana 60 is $1000-1200 bucks. Plus the cost of fabricating the 4 link mounts, shock mounts, and coil buckets.

You can easily have 2 grand or more wrapped up in a swap.

The only plus side is that you can ditch the ball joints.

So a kit with drive flanges and 35 spline axles is fully locked. Would an ARB air locker allow both wheels to spin freely? Or just one?

Back