G-56 tear down questions?

Mark Nixon

No Savior among the flesh
Anyone here actually been inside one, that can tell me the pitfalls of disassembling one?

Got a couple here with issues and I'm certain I can fix one with another, but I don't really want to go into it blind.
A link to a nice, detailed, exploded view of it would helpful, as well as pointers on taking apart the shift rail system, if needed.

:thankyou2:

Mark.

Well, with a bit more digging, I found the G56 section of a FSM , which is pretty straightforward.
At a brief skim of it, the disassembly doesn't look too hard to do. :)

Mark.

Download for the G-56 transmission attached, if anyone wants it.

Mark.

Attachments

• 65876494-Dodge-G56-Service-Manual.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Anyone here actually been inside one, that can tell me the pitfalls of disassembling one?

Got a couple here with issues and I'm certain I can fix one with another, but I don't really want to go into it blind.
A link to a nice, detailed, exploded view of it would helpful, as well as pointers on taking apart the shift rail system, if needed.

:thankyou2:

Mark.

I have been inside a G56 or three. Disassembly is easy. Reassembly takes 4 hands, at least the way that I do it.

I never order any bearings from the dealer as they can be had much much cheaper from a standard bearing supply house.

Back