Single turbo 6.4

dzchey21

Single turbo 6.4
Well after quite a bit of hard work, its done, running and driving, Ended up going with a GT4294 with a 68mm inducer, clears the smoke pretty good once the converter is locked, makes around 40 psi of boost, closer to 50 in OD runs decent spool up isnt that bad, its laggier than stock, but not terrible. I dont have that many good pictures yet, but here are some vids of it.
here is the walk around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg0_Pq8zx08

This vid is a quick drive by, I made it smokier than it had to be, if i pull some fuel out of it with my foot it lights pretty good. THe 250 tune is very streetable, still needs some fine tuning but im happy with it so far, You can see the smoke clear once the converter locks around 40mph then i let out.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I hope to get back on the dyno in the next week or so and see if my work paid off or not, So far the only other mods i have are a tuner and dpf delete.

Well i got the flowmaster on it, and it sounds much better now, i think i need a resonator but it sounds about like it did before i did the turbo swap.

Well after some driving around I am really liking this set up so far, not sure what the power is going to do but i need to get some tuning before i can really hammer on it, I will be getting with Eric at Innovative soon to get some tuning on this thing and really see what it will do.

Well here are some pictures of it all buttoned up, still have to reroute the crank case vent, but i didnt have a big enough 90 to make the bend, the compressor housing is pretty big and there isnt much room to snake it down past it, so i can go down the frame and out the back of the truck, most everything is good to go, fixed my oil drain leak, then it sprung an oil feed leak, got that fixed too, so hopefully it wont look like my old 70s ford when i park in the driveway :doh: And before anyone says anything about the coolant, its not puking it sprung and egr leak, and when i fixed it, it made a huge mess and i havent had time to clean under the hood.

IMG_1005.JPG

IMG_1004.JPG

IMG_1003.JPG

IMG_1002.JPG

IMG_1001.JPG

that thing spools slower than chit!

Garrett

6000 feet will do that to a single turbo, and it shifted into 2nd before it lit, but it really lights suprisingly fast, and i can stall it against a stock converter in about 10 seconds to 15psi of boost.

I really need to get out and get another vid since it has a muffler on it now, and i fixed a couple exhaust leaks.

Wow, I dont think Ive ever seen a dyno graph that flat. Did you spray it at all? Looks good Dustin (I think thats your name right?) If not sorry:hehe:

Thanks man, no nitrous, didnt have my bottle and i had to move my solenoid so i never put my longer wire harness in. I think this turbo will like some juice, drive pressure is under 1:1

Back