Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Jeep Diesel
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #21
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Just some info. I dont know if these are out to the public yet, but my fiance's cousin does testing for Jeep, drove one out here to Denver, and then let me drive some passes. It averaged 27 or 28mpg for the whole trip but was getting 22mpg when I was driving it in the mountains. The transmission felt nice but slow to shift with the paddles, power wasnt awesome but it wasnt a complete dog either. All in all, I think it is a comfy ride but probably wouldnt pick one up just because I dont like the exterior.

He was saying that he doesnt think people will be turning big power with these ever, and not even in the mid power range for a long time because the ECU is so locked down and the fuel system isnt meant to support much more than stock. I bet a tuner for the trans and fuelling will help a lot but not like it does on 6.4's or anything crazy.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #22
HeTheAethyr!

Name: HeTheAethyr!
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Each cylinder has a central direct injector with cooled EGR (exhaust gas recirculation) as an integral part of the cylinder heads. The vacuum pump is incorporated into one of the camshafts for greater efficiency and the oil pump is a rotary vane type.
i like the idea of SCR but vacuum pump? and vane oil pump???? the wife really wants one, dont know yet

Last edited by HeTheAethyr!; 06-12-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #23
srt cummins

Name: srt cummins
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
With a price tag of 59,000 I wouldn't want it.

Closed Thread