Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Vendor Row > Sponsor Forums > MISHIMOTO
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #1
Mishimoto

Name: Mishimoto
Title: Comp Diesel Sponsor
Member`s Gallery
Product Release! Mishimoto Peformance Aluminum Radiator for Ford 6.4L Powerstroke!

2008–2010 Ford F-250 with 6.4L Powerstroke

The Ford F-250 with 6.4L Powerstroke engine is an awesome truck with a lot of potential. Many people like to use them as work trucks, and others like to build them for racing. Unfortunately, the factory cooling system isn’t always up to the task when pushing these trucks to the limits. The engineers at Mishimoto recognized this issue and began working on a solution to help solve your cooling concerns. The result was the Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator.

Click the image to open in full size.

The Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator requires no modification and is a direct fit into the F-250. It even comes with factory-style and CNC-machined, quick-disconnect fittings that work perfectly with the factory coolant hoses. The radiator was also designed with all-aluminum end tanks that are TIG welded to the brazed aluminum core, for durability and longevity.

Whether you are driving your truck to work, hauling a heavy load, or at a race, this radiator will keep your truck cool and reliable. Like all Mishimoto products, this radiator comes with a lifetime warranty to give you that extra piece of mind. So don’t have any more headaches or worries about the factory radiator leaking, and upgrade to the Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator.

Key Features and Benefits:
  • Direct fit
  • 100% brazed aluminum
  • CNC-machined quick-disconnect inlet and outlet
  • Lifetime warranty

For more information on this radiator, check out the product page.
Ford 6.4L Powerstroke Aluminum Radiator, 2008-2010, by Mishimoto

Old 09-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
STROKETHISF350

Name: STROKETHISF350
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
That's pretty sweet. I have your radiator in my truck also and I havnt really noticed any difference in temps. I was also wondering why aren't the weld qualitys up to par with your competition? I noticed on my radiator and the one you just showed in the picture the visual quality of the weld is poor at best.
06 ram 3500 CCLB dually l 100% fleece injectors l ppe dual fuelers l Hamilton 188/220 l 103# valve springs l ported & oringed head l arp 425s l he 351 over 475 built by me l efi live l fass l full billet 48re built by me

Old 09-06-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
Mishimoto

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKETHISF350 View Post
That's pretty sweet. I have your radiator in my truck also and I havnt really noticed any difference in temps. I was also wondering why aren't the weld qualitys up to par with your competition? I noticed on my radiator and the one you just showed in the picture the visual quality of the weld is poor at best.
We have actually received many compliments about our welds on our products, and have a very high standard of quality control with our products. The radiator pictured is actually machine welded for precision and repeatability. So I am not sure what you dislike about the welds. I apologize that you were not satisfied with the welds on your radiator, and if you ever have any issues, please feel free to contact me and I would be happy to help. All of our products come with a lifetime warranty because we stand behind the quality of our products and their ability to last.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
oldblue116

Name: oldblue116
Member`s Gallery
I didn't notice anything bad about the welds pictured above, and that is what I do for a living. Granted I'm looking from a dirty cell phone screen, but idk what ones your complaining about?

Thanks to Mumau diesel

Old 09-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #5
STROKETHISF350

Name: STROKETHISF350
Member`s Gallery
My complaint with the welds is that they are not uniform at all the radiator is more of a show piece than anything if they are machine welds I would say the machine needs some adjustment. I'm a welder by trade so I guess my standards on weld quality is a bit higher than others, I will try to post a pic of what I would expect it to look like
06 ram 3500 CCLB dually l 100% fleece injectors l ppe dual fuelers l Hamilton 188/220 l 103# valve springs l ported & oringed head l arp 425s l he 351 over 475 built by me l efi live l fass l full billet 48re built by me

Old 09-06-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
oldblue116

Name: oldblue116
Member`s Gallery
Ya the whips aren't spaced perfect, but it doesn't look terrible. I have seen better of course. But I wouldn't complain about it, depending on the price of it.

Thanks to Mumau diesel

Old 11-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #7
Mishimoto

Member`s Gallery
Update!

We just received our latest shipment of 6.4L radiators at our warehouse! Back-orders will be filled in the order in which they were received, and will be shipping out tomorrow!

Hurry up and place your orders if you haven't already done so, as these will be flying off the shelves!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Tyler

Old 11-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #8
Randall12v

Name: Randall12v
Title: ...
Member`s Gallery
Great news!!! I'm tired of seeing my 6.4 sit!!!

Old 11-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #9
Mishimoto

Member`s Gallery
These 6.4L Rads are ready to ship!

A sneak peek inside the box!

Old 11-15-2013, 05:15 PM   #10
Mishimoto

Member`s Gallery
We are expecting more inventory to be in and ready to ship next week! Please keep in mind that orders are processed based on the date received, so place your orders now if you haven't already done so!

Thanks,
Tyler

Old 11-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #11
Mishimoto

Member`s Gallery
Hi guys, I just wanted to give you an update. We received another shipment of these radiators today and they are in stock and ready to ship. More orders are shipping out today!

Also, I wanted to give everyone who has not yet ordered a heads up. Due to the high cost of manufacturing such an intricate product, we are increasing the price of our 6.4L radiator on Dec. 1. The price will increase to $945. As always, our radiator and all our products will continue to have our lifetime warranty so I can guarantee it is worth the peace of mind. That being said – I did want to give you guys the heads up so you know the price increase is coming. The radiators are in stock now, so any orders from now until the end of November will get the lower price!

Thanks,
Tyler

Old 11-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #12
Mishimoto

Member`s Gallery
Hey guys, wanted to let you know that I won't be active on the forums until Monday. I am headed home to Michigan for the holidays. I hope all of you have a great Thanksgiving!

In the meantime, check out this picture I snagged of some awesome dyno testing we had going on in the shop! We have a cool video about the testing coming out soon, so keep an eye out!

Old 11-29-2013, 08:37 AM   #13
Randall12v

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
Hi guys, I just wanted to give you an update. We received another shipment of these radiators today and they are in stock and ready to ship. More orders are shipping out today!

Also, I wanted to give everyone who has not yet ordered a heads up. Due to the high cost of manufacturing such an intricate product, we are increasing the price of our 6.4L radiator on Dec. 1. The price will increase to $945. As always, our radiator and all our products will continue to have our lifetime warranty so I can guarantee it is worth the peace of mind. That being said – I did want to give you guys the heads up so you know the price increase is coming. The radiators are in stock now, so any orders from now until the end of November will get the lower price!

Thanks,
Tyler
This isn't a question...but rather a comment on this...since I was told by a well known diesel shop that the radiator would be delivered at the end of last week, to which then it was scheduled to be installed... I find it very concerning that your company lied to this shop by saying the radiator would be delivered then...and now your company changes story to them to mid December and changed their story again to mid January for the next shipment and pay more...mmmm right. I realize to you at Mishimoto, I'm a no one, that's for sure...but what's a guy to do to get a straight answer of when I personally should receive a radiator that has been backordered for this long. By the way, I hope since I've had this on order for quite some time, that the old price will be withheld.

I'm just ready to drive my truck again without wasting $ pouring coolant on the ground..

Old 12-09-2013, 03:17 PM   #14
Mishimoto

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall12v View Post
This isn't a question...but rather a comment on this...since I was told by a well known diesel shop that the radiator would be delivered at the end of last week, to which then it was scheduled to be installed... I find it very concerning that your company lied to this shop by saying the radiator would be delivered then...and now your company changes story to them to mid December and changed their story again to mid January for the next shipment and pay more...mmmm right. I realize to you at Mishimoto, I'm a no one, that's for sure...but what's a guy to do to get a straight answer of when I personally should receive a radiator that has been backordered for this long. By the way, I hope since I've had this on order for quite some time, that the old price will be withheld.

I'm just ready to drive my truck again without wasting $ pouring coolant on the ground..
I apologize for any miscommunications that occurred between our company and you/the shop you're referring to. We never intended to mislead or misinform anyone about these radiators. They are simply very popular, and many people have placed orders for them. The orders are being processed in the order in which they were received. If you placed your order before December 1st, then you will be receiving the original price that you were quoted. Please let me know if you have any more questions or concerns, as I would be happy to help.

Thanks,
Tyler

Old 12-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #15
Mishimoto

Member`s Gallery
Josh from DirtyDiesels brought his truck down to perform some intercooler testing! Check out the video to see how our products help him push the limits!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Csbx...ature=youtu.be

Old 12-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #16
Randall12v

Member`s Gallery
Added 1/2 gallon of coolant yesterday, no big deal though, right... Ford brand coolant is cheap.

So, PM me if you'd like... I'd really appreciate a straight answer of what the actual delivery date should be.

Sorry for derail, continue chest beating of 6.0 intercooler testing in radiator thread.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:06 AM   #17
Randall12v

Member`s Gallery
Well I haven't received a PM yet...surely you could see where my order stacks in the grand scheme of everyone else's orders and give me a ballpark idea of when it would ship, right?

Hopefully the lack of reply is due to everyone too busy with their hands tig welding these radiators together...

Old 01-01-2014, 05:04 PM   #18
Randall12v

Member`s Gallery
Hello?

Old 01-01-2014, 05:51 PM   #19
Howling

Name: Howling
Title: Soot Sniffer
Member`s Gallery
Damn still waiting huh

2006 Dodge CTD/48re 4x4 Sport
With some fuel and air.
Bullseye,Hamilton,Exergy,EFI,ATS,FASS,HTS,Thuren, Toyo's...

1996 2500 RC 4x4 CTD-63/68/.83,5X.014,180 maxed Ppump,Fass...

Old 01-01-2014, 06:39 PM   #20
Randall12v

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling View Post
Damn still waiting huh

Haha, yeah...just learned to carry around 3-4 gallons that way I have some reserve.

Closed Thread