In the 500hp range looking to be 530-540

bogger

Hey guys as you can see in my sig I've got all the goodies to put me in the 500 rwhp range. I'm not quite ready to go big yet but I'd like a lil extra and I wanna get your take on my short list. First off I'd like to do a batmo wheel for my stock charger. Second I'm looking at either a Lbz stock cp3 or buy the one from Danville thats modded for around 900 i believe it is. Gimme your feedback and thoughts please. Thanks, Chad

Hey guys as you can see in my sig I've got all the goodies to put me in the 500 rwhp range. I'm not quite ready to go big yet but I'd like a lil extra and I wanna get your take on my short list. First off I'd like to do a batmo wheel for my stock charger. Second I'm looking at either a Lbz stock cp3 or buy the one from Danville thats modded for around 900 i believe it is. Gimme your feedback and thoughts please. Thanks, Chad

Why he desire for the extra 30-40 horse? You're getting into spending a few dollars to get back past a max effort tuned stock charger. Unless you want to throw a little giggle gas at it.

you're not gonna make much more power with the stock charger in place. You have maxxed out the air you have available. get some heavier fueling tunes and add some nitrous or get a bigger hairdryer

you're not gonna make much more power with the stock charger in place. You have maxxed out the air you have available. get some heavier fueling tunes and add some nitrous or get a bigger hairdryer

With Tony's tuning, provided everything else is healthy I bet he wouldn't need as much giggle gas as you think to get into the 550 horse range.

I made 536 to the wheels when I had a stock turbo. I'm not saying it can't be done. But most tuners max effort stock turbo tunes look very similar, especially when duration and timing are compared.

OP it really all depends on your truck. The bat mo wheel is fairly dust, a modded pump is a lot of money for slight gains you MIGHT see now, however it will help down the road after you get more air.

I would log your rail pressure, if you're losing a few thousand psi that's probably worth 40-50hp.

thanks for all the help and ideas guys. i'm thinking i might just spend the extra money now and go with a danville 4094. i can't use spray cuz our pulling association doesn't allow it and granted yeah i could cheat but i guess i'm too honest lol

thanks for all the help and ideas guys. i'm thinking i might just spend the extra money now and go with a danville 4094. i can't use spray cuz our pulling association doesn't allow it and granted yeah i could cheat but i guess i'm too honest lol

You never said you were sled pulling. What organization? Do you have traction bars? Is your hitch slid forward? Do you have an E-locker up front? Suspension stops? Your money may be better spent on some other stuff ahead of a bigger turbo.

Since that stuff is out of the way, how far do you want to go in the future?

I'd be looking at 40 over nozzles and a charger, then maybe a pump. Nozzles will keep you short block a little happier. I guess if the condition of your pump is unknown or getting weak, that could change priorities.

Is it safe to assume that your gaskets have already been done and the truck is studded?

I've heard of people in the 600hp range with a batmo along with the right fueling and tuning. Look at the rules and see what you are allowed to do is it only stock appearing or a size limit, smoke or no smoke and where do you want to go I the future with the truck. Do injectors before turbo I've seen more people than I can remember do bigger turbos on stock injectors and loose power. But remember chad keep your power level lower than mine :)

I'm not sold on a Batmo as a drop in. I believe its been proven that the batmo makes more power at a lower RPM with a sacrifice up top.

Seems like they are much more advantageous on a ported and polished charger.

my rules for this year are 2.5 and single pump thats all it specifies. i talked with steve trojano a bit and he said back in the day he ran the 4094 2.5 from danville with stock fueling and epd i believe tuning and made 540. i'm not planning on going huge anytime soon but i'd like to stretch my dollar the best i can. studs and gaskets arent done yet i am basically just waiting for it to happen i guess. another thought was maybe doing an upgraded lbz pump with 30-40 over nozzles and danvilles tuning... could also throw a batmo into that mix if it was possible. i guess what im getting at is its either gonna be fuel or air this season to gain me that tad bit extra. just not sure which direction to stay under or around that 3g ball park for this year

go get on duramaxdiesels.com and search for the member name yellowchevy.

He can re work and port and polish your stock charger and drop in a batmowheel if you want. All for an extremely great price. He's done alot of them for members over there

If your going with Mark for tunes then talk to him about power goals and bounce ideas off of him see what he thinks will be best for what you want.

SDP S457 twin kit, 40% overs, PPE uppipes and manifolds, and different tuning and then you can blow chit up.....

hey thanks guys for the ideas and Derek don't worry i could never have more power than you. even if i did it wouldn't matter your truck is like the giant slayer lol

my rules for this year are 2.5 and single pump thats all it specifies. i talked with steve trojano a bit and he said back in the day he ran the 4094 2.5 from danville with stock fueling and epd i believe tuning and made 540. i'm not planning on going huge anytime soon but i'd like to stretch my dollar the best i can. studs and gaskets arent done yet i am basically just waiting for it to happen i guess. another thought was maybe doing an upgraded lbz pump with 30-40 over nozzles and danvilles tuning... could also throw a batmo into that mix if it was possible. i guess what im getting at is its either gonna be fuel or air this season to gain me that tad bit extra. just not sure which direction to stay under or around that 3g ball park for this year

Try and do some Data logging to see how happy and healthy your CP3 is. I dont mean to detract from Mark@Danville as he is definitely a top notch tuner......But I really don't think you will gain much by switching to Mark from Tony. And Last I knew Tony was one of the few tuners left doing free updates.

Have you addressed the motor mounts yet? If you have been running a max effort tune for any period of time they are on borrowed time.

Back