Aisin transmission upgrades

GSM-01

Can turn wrenches
So I pulled the trigger and ordered a new 3500 dodge yesterday with the 385hp and aisin transmission. Going to be pretty much a tow rig for the pulling truck. Now I have heard OK reviews about the transmission. I have (3) 4500 and 5500 series trucks that have them. Two are 2013 and another is a 2014. Combined they have about 250k miles and climbing on them everyday. We have yet to have any major problems though the one truck likes to lunge coming to a stop when shifting into first gear but they all pull strong even when we accidentally overload them...

However, my personal truck I am a little bit more demanding on. Already looking at efi live and the hardaway compound kit in the future. With that, I am just concerned with what the trans can handle. I wouldn't want more than 450hp as both the twins and tuner seem to meet that rather comfortably. Main upgrades I would look at would be a torque converter and valve body to help maintain heat. Does anyone out there know of any companies making these or in the process of trying too? Searched all the threads I could on here with no success.

I say gcw of over 52k isn't overloaded but for some reason DOT does sooooo "at dusk we ride"!!!

Haven't had much time go work on it. Trying to get my trucking company big enough to where I can quit my day job and money is going towards buying more big rigs and those things for some reason are expensive lol. We work on it when we can, main thing for this hear is body work, painting, wrap, fabrication of cockpit and other fabrications to clean it up. Same with the 2.6 truck. Needed a daily driver since my employer took my diesel away. So that's why I'm traveling down this road lol

Friend of mine here in town just bought a 2015 with the Aisin, didn't even have 800 miles on it and he was adding a 5" lift and 35x12.50's. Now he's talking about some tuning and possibly injectors....in other words I'm sure he'll be wondering about upgraded transmission parts as well.

10922415_699006750225592_4428741962780972188_n_zpsba0wose5.jpg

:pop:

Once mine arrives we pick it up and I got about 20k worth of parts to put on it. Lift, winches, wheels, tires, lights, toolboxes, all for work and maybe a couple play lol. I really want twins but if there ain't an aftermarket tranny or tranny parts yet, I'm just waiting.

Back