L5P

Ryan Tucker

Do it Dont talk about it.
Why is there no L5P section? Many wouldn't believe i drive a new one but I wanted to try something different. The platform has been solid for many years and seems to have the bugs worked out of them, I love the 6 speed Allison. I can't imagine the difference in the diesel world if Dodge has that Ally rights back from the beginning, it woukd have been a game changer from those extra shity 727, 518A, 47/48 shitboxes.

If this L5P was deleted it woukd really be something, regin crap happens a lot if it were not for that this thing would regularly get 25 plus mpg at like 8800 pounds. I used to make fun of Banks products along side everyone else here, but I put their stuff on this truck and its impressive for all emissions retained deal. Makes around 475 to the rollers, feels solid.
Itd be cool to see a L5P crowd to share and learn off of like we did back in the old days here. 2006-2010 days anyway

I just bought a 2021 high country srw 3500, I think it’s a solid truck. I purchased a pulsar and cts3 for it.

I pumped fuel next to a deleted L5P today. Older guy driving the truck, 4wd short box, factory otherwise. He had very positive complements of the truck, and said he can’t imagine not deleting one of those trucks.

Good luck finding "parts lightening" tuning. There arent very many Dmax tuners left. I can only think of four that are active.
The majority of tuners got shut down by the gov't, and a few others "retired" before the feds showed up on their doorstep. It sucks.

Good luck finding "parts lightening" tuning. There arent very many Dmax tuners left. I can only think of four that are active.
The majority of tuners got shut down by the gov't, and a few others "retired" before the feds showed up on their doorstep. It sucks.
I can't beleive there's nobody from Mexico or anywhere overseas doing this? I'm being honest

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

There may be.....but they dont advertise or are commonly known. Again -- our wonderful govt.

There are a lot of small shops out there that do "black market" tuning for what Ryan wants, but finding one thats reputable with decent tuning will not be easy.

Last edited:
I can't beleive there's nobody from Mexico or anywhere overseas doing this? I'm being honest

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I do agree.

A customer of mine has a 17 Ram and wanted it tuned. He perform the deletes himself and such. After searching high and low he bought a tune off eBay. It’s EZ link and all tuning was performed through email correspondence.

Said tuner never gave a name, but stated they used to tune for a well known company in the US. And if they gave a name, we would recognize it. End result, the truck runs great for a stock deleted truck!

HP was offering the ECM unlock exchange, but pretty pricey. I thought Fleece was doing it also, but maybe not. There was another place that was a lot cheaper (still about $800), but I can't remember the name.

Getting the raw data from the ECM never was / is the issue, it's getting one to accept a flash from something other than GM software

I believe only HP is doing it, but they have to remove the Prossesser chip put in a new one so it can be reprogrammed. Far as I am aware it's the only to get around the encryption key that keeps you from flashing in a non GM tune.

Back