93 F350 AAM 11.5 axle swap?

93Ford

Will an aam 11.5 axle bolt onto a 1993 f350 I believe the dodge axles had the Speedo sensor in the axle and it works but I'm not for sure. Are the leaf spring perches the correct width what about the u joint.

Will an aam 11.5 axle bolt onto a 1993 f350 I believe the dodge axles had the Speedo sensor in the axle and it works but I'm not for sure. Are the leaf spring perches the correct width what about the u joint.

The obs fords are narrower, the perches will have to be cut off and new ones welded on. I’ve done a handful of 11.5 swaps into fords. As I believe the aam is the best 1ton axle a available.

Any idea what it might cost to have a shop cut the old ones off and install new ones in the right location.

Any idea what it might cost to have a shop cut the old ones off and install new ones in the right location.

That has a lot of variables. First what is your location? Secondly, I wouldn’t think someone would do it without the truck present. Third your shocks need to be relocated based on purpose/needs of the truck.

I'll be in fort Myers florida. Don't really see why shocks would need to be relocated. It would just be a daily driver/tow rig.

Back