Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 06:23 PM   #681
waparson

Name: waparson
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggy238 View Post
I lock in 2nd a few mph before 3rd on my DD tune. The transmission will shift up locked from second on if you tune it that way.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Never had it set to lock in 2nd on a dd tune, I'm going to try that out.

When do you have it unlock?

Thanks!

Old 01-11-2017, 07:52 PM   #682
waparson

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I lock in 2nd a few mph before 3rd on my DD tune. The transmission will shift up locked from second on if you tune it that way.

Or do you mind sharing what your tune looks like?

Thanks!

Old 01-12-2017, 12:11 PM   #683
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Working on getting files for you

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 01-14-2017, 09:46 PM   #684
biggy238

Member`s Gallery
So yeah, I managed to delete every file I had between the two devices I had them on.

I pulled some from email. They ain't much.
KWB040316.tnz - Google Drive
Amore031416.tnz - Google Drive

Check those. They may or may not have a 2nd gear lockup.

-Little Sexy
Insta @trash.panda250

Last edited by biggy238; 01-14-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Old 01-14-2017, 09:49 PM   #685
waparson

Member`s Gallery
Also. I know this has been brought up before. And it hasn't happened to me in a while, but here lately it's been doing it more and more.

Where you get the flutter going into 2nd. And you can't switch your tunes until you turn the truck off and back on.

Has anyone found a good fix for this yet?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Old 01-14-2017, 09:55 PM   #686
waparson

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
So yeah, I managed to delete every file I had between the two devices I had them on.

I pulled some from email. They ain't much.
KWB040316.tnz - Google Drive
Amore031416.tnz - Google Drive

Check those. They may or may not have a 2nd gear lockup.

Looks like they do. I will try those out. Thanks!

Old 01-16-2017, 09:26 AM   #687
ctd>therest

Name: ctd>therest
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
My brother and I did a 48re swap on our trucks. I went manual valve body. He went with the anteater. Our trans guy uses goerend converters and valve body's. Seams like the valve body and the anteater aren't compatible. We would adjust the tv position. And it would shift horrible or it would take a while for it to move after you put it in drive

. He ordered a fire punk valve body. Had the trans guy install it. And seams like the clutches were fried. We put the trans back in the truck. And it shifts perfect. The next day. The truck only starts in 2nd gear and shifts fine after that.

He called fire punk. And was told to change the governer solenoid. And it shifts perfect again. He's put maybe 2000 miles already. Issue free. I'm lmpressed with it. That I want to go from my manual valve body to that set up.

Can it be locked in 2nd via programming. Or by grounding the proper pin like the "mystery switch" style?
I haven't been in my brothers truck long enough but does every trans tune make a difference? Does it change high rpm shift points? On my 2011 I shift at about 4300 but take it up to 4500+ am I still able to do this with the anteater?

Old 01-16-2017, 03:37 PM   #688
biggy238

Member`s Gallery
I'm glad you're pleased.
I wouldn't do this, but you could ground the same wire to force lockup manually.
The software commands lockup where you tell it, so if it's in the speed range for 2nd, and the hardware can do it, it should lock in 2nd.

-Little Sexy
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 01-16-2017, 03:49 PM   #689
waparson

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
I'm glad you're pleased.
I wouldn't do this, but you could ground the same wire to force lockup manually.
The software commands lockup where you tell it, so if it's in the speed range for 2nd, and the hardware can do it, it should lock in 2nd.

I'm. Having the issue where this doesn't happen if I'm in the throttle moderately. At low throttle it'll lockup and continue shifting. Wot in my race tune it'll lockup as soon as I hit 2nd though.

Old 01-18-2017, 11:37 AM   #690
joefarmer

Name: joefarmer
Title: MR. Supreme Overlord
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctd>therest View Post
My brother and I did a 48re swap on our trucks. I went manual valve body. He went with the anteater. Our trans guy uses goerend converters and valve body's. Seams like the valve body and the anteater aren't compatible. We would adjust the tv position. And it would shift horrible or it would take a while for it to move after you put it in drive

. He ordered a fire punk valve body. Had the trans guy install it. And seams like the clutches were fried. We put the trans back in the truck. And it shifts perfect. The next day. The truck only starts in 2nd gear and shifts fine after that.

He called fire punk. And was told to change the governer solenoid. And it shifts perfect again. He's put maybe 2000 miles already. Issue free. I'm lmpressed with it. That I want to go from my manual valve body to that set up.

Can it be locked in 2nd via programming. Or by grounding the proper pin like the "mystery switch" style?
I haven't been in my brothers truck long enough but does every trans tune make a difference? Does it change high rpm shift points? On my 2011 I shift at about 4300 but take it up to 4500+ am I still able to do this with the anteater?
If you still have the goerend VB, shoot me a PM please.

Old 01-18-2017, 02:11 PM   #691
biggy238

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by waparson View Post
I'm. Having the issue where this doesn't happen if I'm in the throttle moderately. At low throttle it'll lockup and continue shifting. Wot in my race tune it'll lockup as soon as I hit 2nd though.

This sounds like the lockup solenoid needs inspection or replacement.

-Little Sexy
Insta @trash.panda250

Old 01-18-2017, 02:17 PM   #692
waparson

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
This sounds like the lockup solenoid needs inspection or replacement.

Funny you mention that. That same day I had issues with my trans.

Just driving and just starting to stop pulling. Pulled over and finally just wouldn't do anything at all, just rev.

Trans was 130degrees, checked for a line blown off. Put it manual 1st, reverse, nothing.

Turned it off, made some calls. Turned it back on, put in drive and it engaged, pulled out a bit and about 30sec later, same thing.

Finally got it home, and a friend suggested to try the filter before I go too far.

Changed the filter, just a little dust in the pan, nothing bad. Drove it, it drove perfect! Shifting every gear, lockup, overdrive, everything.

Only for about 10min. Then it just lost overdrive.

Stopped started again, it'll shift every gear and lockup, but will not even attempt to go into overdrive.

Hooked up the laptop to monitor it through the anteater, It does call for overdrive, but never feel it attempt overdrive.

Guys think it could be the solenoid/transducer and/or the lockup solenoid? I was just going to do gov pressure solenoid and transducer today. But now you mention the lockup solenoid too, has me wondering.

Last edited by waparson; 01-18-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:08 PM   #693
biggy238

Member`s Gallery
The electronics don't control 1st or reverse, both are hydraulically actuated. You have something going on with your fluid/pump/valve body if you are loosing all directions.

You need a gauge on the line pressure and governor pressure.

-Little Sexy
Insta @trash.panda250

Last edited by biggy238; 01-18-2017 at 06:10 PM.

Old 01-18-2017, 06:10 PM   #694
waparson

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
The electronics don't control 1st or reverse, both are hydraulically actuated. You have something going on with your fluid/pump/valve body if you are loosing all directions.

I was, until I replaced the filter.

Now, all is good except overdrive

Old 01-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #695
joefarmer

Name: joefarmer
Title: MR. Supreme Overlord
Member`s Gallery
No OD could be low fluid, low pump flow, od solenoid, the od snap ring, etc. Troubleshoot with a pressure gauge first.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:49 AM   #696
waparson

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefarmer View Post
No OD could be low fluid, low pump flow, od solenoid, the od snap ring, etc. Troubleshoot with a pressure gauge first.
Changed OD solenoid, gov solenoid, transducer. Still same issue.

Local guy suggested the OD piston seal or OD cluthes.

Guess it's getting pulled out. Again...

Old 01-20-2017, 01:22 AM   #697
Ackerdiesel

Name: Ackerdiesel
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by waparson View Post
Changed OD solenoid, gov solenoid, transducer. Still same issue.

Local guy suggested the OD piston seal or OD cluthes.

Guess it's getting pulled out. Again...

Check pressure first. Make sure it's not something screwy in the VB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BD Diesel Performance
Diesel Performance Converters
Pro Street Diesel
Drivelines Plus
Done Right Diesel Performance
Firepunk

Old 02-05-2017, 06:36 PM   #698
clarkoh

Name: clarkoh
Member`s Gallery
Random Downshifts

Finally got the Excursion running very well with the Common Rail Cummins and stock 48RE. Anteater is pretty cool. Got a couple useable programs together.

I am having one issue that is annoying. When the truck gets into OD, TC locked up and I am on a level road with about 15% throttle, just maintaining 50MPH, randomly it downshifts out of OD. It happens sometimes for a moment and sometimes for a few seconds. Sometimes several occurrences, and sometimes single. I have tried spreading the mph programming to make sure it is not an overlap? And increased the anti hunt to 6. Same old...

One other thing. I have tried to actuate the FTSC so I can watch it while driving. It always loses its connection within a couple hundred feet. Screen freezes at whatever MPH and gear it was in. Have to close the program and try again. And it does it again.

Any suggestions? Could this be an issues with the stock VB? Or a loss of connection between trans and controller?
00Ram 24 valve short bed
4"exhaust, lm25, air box, big inj
48 Dodge, 4BT, P pump, Ram frame, Dana 70, NV4500 Twin turbos, 5" exhaust still under construction

Old 02-05-2017, 07:20 PM   #699
QMFB

Name: QMFB
Title: Fastest Welder in Texas
Member`s Gallery
My ftsc live data stream does the same thing. It will work anywhere from 10 ft, to maybe a mile and freeze's up... I always assumed it was my laptop. If there is a solution, I would also like to know.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:57 PM   #700
biggy238

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkoh View Post
Finally got the Excursion running very well with the Common Rail Cummins and stock 48RE. Anteater is pretty cool. Got a couple useable programs together.

I am having one issue that is annoying. When the truck gets into OD, TC locked up and I am on a level road with about 15% throttle, just maintaining 50MPH, randomly it downshifts out of OD. It happens sometimes for a moment and sometimes for a few seconds. Sometimes several occurrences, and sometimes single. I have tried spreading the mph programming to make sure it is not an overlap? And increased the anti hunt to 6. Same old...

One other thing. I have tried to actuate the FTSC so I can watch it while driving. It always loses its connection within a couple hundred feet. Screen freezes at whatever MPH and gear it was in. Have to close the program and try again. And it does it again.

Any suggestions? Could this be an issues with the stock VB? Or a loss of connection between trans and controller?
Does changing throttle position cause it to shift back in to Overdrive?

Does the dashboard say that it's in OD even though it has shifted down? (which will be hard to check of dash only displays 10 lines)

-Little Sexy
Insta @trash.panda250

Closed Thread