Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Tech > 98-02 2nd Gen.
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 11:11 PM   #1
bleedcummins

Name: bleedcummins
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Weird torque management issue

I have a bd rad on my truck to eliminate the tm, but I think something's still holding back. With rad box on, can't stage any higher than 2000 rpm, with bd rad on, tm "off", I can build boost to 30psi plus at the line, tach quits working, temp gauges quit, cel come on after rad is switched back off, sounds like it's working as it should.
Now the weird part, with the rad turned on, I can build boost higher, build more rpm than with the tm, but the power in 1st and 2nd gear is still pulled back. 60' is terrible, 1.87-1.9, and driving it on the street you can feel it. Half way through second/toward the end of 2nd gear the engine takes off. Does this with rad on and off.
Any ideas?

Old 04-25-2017, 11:14 PM   #2
bleedcummins

Name: bleedcummins
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
One more thing, when I first hooked up the rad box 4 or 5 years ago, I swapped the wires. Hooked up the wires from ecm to pcm on rad box, and vice Versa. First test drive it RIPPED like never before in 1st gear, and never has again, but after about 5 seconds it went into limp mode till I figure out what I did. Then it has never ripped like that again, but acts like my first post description

Old 05-20-2017, 05:26 AM   #3
Stormin08

Name: Stormin08
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
The box maybe toast....the ecm pulls roughly 30% of the canbus fueling to activate TM.

The new Quad V2 tuning has some writes that are showing signs of over writing the TM...theybraised canbus fueling to 150% under 4 psi boost. This allows 100%+ fueling after the ecm tried to pull the 30%.

Closed Thread