Fabtech 8" 4-link

FaSSt9602

For those of you with 05 and up trucks with the fabtech 8" kit (radius arms or 4-link), what size tires are you running? :huh::

Fabtech says 38x15.50's with *minor* trimming, but a guy came into work today with the same lift and 37x13.50x18's and he said that it rubbed...:doh:

I really don't want to worry about rubbing like I did on my old truck, but would like to get as much meat under there as I can, but also don't want to hack the crap out of the inner fenders/bumper...

I've got the kit sitting on my garage floor and my 20x10 wheels will be here Monday and I would like to get the kit installed within the next week...:bang

Troy

I would stick with 37s 38s will rub alot, I have a 10" lift and put 38s on it and if I have the tires turned and hit a bump hard it will rub a little

I'm running Fabtech 3.5" hangers and 4" Deavers up front with 5" Deavers in back and 3.5" blocks and I have a lot of room. For tires, I'm running Toyo's 38x14.50 M/T. I could use a tad more up front, maybe another inch but for everyday driving, I have plenty, don't rub except on the springs, which a lift will do nothing for. The rear, I have PLENTY of room.

Well I obviously don't have to worry about rubbing on the springs, and I don't think that the 4-link bars are going to cause a problem either.

Anyone see a problem with running a 1" spring spacer to get a tad more lift? I am thinking the 38 Nitto Muds, just because I can actually get them right now (not on national backorder) and they are a bit cheaper. :aiwebs_009:

Troy

I am running a 6" lift 4 link with the 4.0 coil overs, with 37.5 x 13.5 pro comp xat. No trimming at all. Rubbing only on the front air dam below the bumper. Love the set up. I think wheel back spacing is key. I have 4.5" with my weld rims.

w_wilson said:
I am running a 6" lift 4 link with the 4.0 coil overs, with 37.5 x 13.5 pro comp xat. No trimming at all. Rubbing only on the front air dam below the bumper. Love the set up. I think wheel back spacing is key. I have 4.5" with my weld rims.

See, that is what I like to hear...6" with 37's and no rubbing. The guy I saw *said* he had the 8" lift and was running the 37x13.50x17 or 18" MT MTZ's...

I know the 4.0 coilover is suppose to add like 1/2 to the overall height. Baddaassss set-up there. If I had the extra $2k to throw into just the coils, I would! :ylsuper:

Troy

Back