Back in a TDI!

I had a blast driving our 09 before the buy back. The TDI Cup DSG tune is worth every penny. Malone stage 2 was great as well on stock fuel and air. Don't listen to the TDI Forum guys. They're paranoid about everything and don't like figuring stuff out.

Leave the TDI alone and just drive it. Go hot rod your Cummins instead.
Well, not really wanting to hot rod it, just kinda disappointed in the fuel mileage, and looking for ways to improve it. With the drive I have now, my old car would have most likely averaged about 48mpg, this one is about 40mpg. Now I know the deeper gear ratio won't allow the same mileage, but I'd think about 45mpg should be achievable.

The DSG tunes have good reviews, I'm just not seeing much of a return on investment. I know my other options will likely take yrs to pay back, but with a 100+ mile commute daily, it will eventually save money.

And man those forums can be something else at times! To those guys, everything is perfect from the factory, those engineers know best!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Do you run the AC everyday up in Ohio?
I found that on my 13 TDI the AC made a 2-3 mpg negative difference. It took a long time to convince myself that was the case. I hand calculated every tank of fuel I burned in that car. In the winter time mileage was up across the board because AC was off most of the time.

Do you run the AC everyday up in Ohio?
I found that on my 13 TDI the AC made a 2-3 mpg negative difference. It took a long time to convince myself that was the case. I hand calculated every tank of fuel I burned in that car. In the winter time mileage was up across the board because AC was off most of the time.
Pretty much have been. Think last night may have been the first time I didn't, temps finally dropped a little, was hoping to see the on board lie-o-meter go up, but it decided to do a regen so it was actually down a little!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back