SDX Puller turnout

gearhart73

How do people think the turnout will be this year and who all is coming to compete? Does anyone think that 80+ trucks will show up again for 2.6 qualifying?
I'll be there with my 2.6 truck.

COTPC has a hook on Saturday but I've already heard several of the good trucks with them say they are taking a drop to come out. I'm thinking it's going to be a really good turn out of trucks.

Huge turn out but what the hel! happened to 2.6. Solid suspensions and a few other things It's is officially a waiste To build one

No there is a difference between springs hooked to the axle and not. Last year it was no travel and track bars front and possibly rear. This year springs were not attached. It's a solid suspension, it's got so out of hand it's not even funny. I am even a 2.6 supported and that's just to far

Taken from the Scheids website and the PPL 2.6 rules they "claim" to use.....

Suspension, Front:
The upper mounting point for strut assemblies must be
in the factory location. Adjustable caster/camber pillow
ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may
be strengthened provided factory mounting points to
chassis are maintained. The lower mounting point for the camber. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars,
and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices
are permitted. Final decisions rest with the Scheid Diesel
Technical Department.

Suspension, Rear:
An OEM style
suspension is mandatory. Lowering or permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted; they must be bolt on only; welds are permitted for attachment
to frame or axle housing. All OEM suspension mounting
points must be retained and used. Sway bars, limit straps,
and camber kits are permitted. All rear suspensions must
use at least one working shock absorber per wheel. Airbag
spring assistance is permitted; airbag compressors must be
disconnected. Blocked suspension is permitted.

That crap is happening around here also.
The sanctioning bodies will allow this to continue to get out of hand and they will price people out of the sport and then wonder where all the competitors have gone and their associated gate fees.

Who had solid suspension and no springs?

Damn near half the 2.6 trucks. The springs were either there with one leef or arched over the tire. Still in place but not connected. Toops was like that ad a few haisley trucks. There were more just don't know names

Back