Gday from Oz

paulthepilot5

Thought I’d better introduce myself after a bit of lurking around on the forum.
Been running a few isuzu utes (pickups) and trying to see how far I can push them.
I also manufacture mechanical pump conversion kits to replace the VP44 on some of the Isuzu engines.

Here are some of my pickups
Both are Isuzu 2.8 4JB1T
0b615bf1b8cfbf939aa4aa9b9f92307f.jpg

Compound turbo setup.
5fe939171ecae984e994535070b13d16.jpg

My second one.
803c9d2cc2448443c9f068fe6dec24e6.jpg

Single turbo setup, with inline A-pump conversion
cb3f09605628759e741158b05627a415.jpg

The black ute is the current project and is constantly developing. At the the moment it’s running a 4BD1T inline A-pump with some governor modification’s. Around 310hp at the wheels but have reached the limit of the pump. Currently getting a P7100 built for significantly more fuelling. Running around 8.1s @ 90mph in the 1/8th mile at the moment with the factory 5speed manual transmission but have have issues with factory diameter clutches, Ultimately aiming for around 450-500hp once running the new pump and larger clutch setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love it. That’s gotta be fun banging gears. I also remember when an 8.1 was enough to handle most anything on the street from red light to red light.

Welcome to CompD

Sweet. I had an '82 Chevy Luv diesel a long time ago. It had the 5-speed, no turbo, and a rotary mechanical pump. Always wanted another one to try a turbo on.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 0
The Australian tiny diesels are fuggin sweet, but I feel more compelled to comment on BigPapa's photograph.

Styx: Cool
Hair: ??
Barefoot, on a bath mat, on gravel: ??!??

This may be one of my favorite photographs, it's alien.

Scott, a guy I was involved in aviation with was into souping those Luv’s up with turbos. It’s been 15 years ago so I don’t know many details, but they were lifting heads at the drag strip.

I feel more compelled to comment on BigPapa's photograph.

Styx: Cool
Hair: ??
Barefoot, on a bath mat, on gravel: ??!??

This may be one of my favorite photographs, it's alien.

You're cracking me up. My uncle drove a tour bus for Styx. He got us almost front row seats to the Mr. Roboto tour. It was pretty cool, 1983. I'm a tender foot, no doubt. I'd been standing there on those gravels polishing those aluminum bed rails. Too lazy to put on some shoes. The hair? What can I say, it was the mid-80's. No comment on the tinted glasses, huh?

Sweet. I had an '82 Chevy Luv diesel a long time ago. It had the 5-speed, no turbo, and a rotary mechanical pump. Always wanted another one to try a turbo on.

attachment.php

I was looking for a KB Rodeo (Chevy LUV) to build for my second one, couldn’t find one at the time so just got another TF. Seen a few for sale since then. There a quite a few Chevy LUV drag cars over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back