Quick filter question for Sir Snedge

Kronic_187

Mekanical injection junky
alrighty... i currently have 2 fleetguard 3930618S filter heads.... one is prior to my fuel pump with an FS1212 water sep, the other is a few feet down the line after my pump with an FF5320.

my question is.... what filter can i use on that base prior to my fuel pump that has say like a 50-100 micron rating instead of the FS1212's 12 micron.
Head thread is 1-14.

wanting to free it up a bit before the pump so it lasts a bit longer.

thanx in advance

or a link as to where i could do a search for such info. so far on quick serve i've found a filter catalog, but has no data on any of the filters as far as filtration rating.

Thats a tough one. As big of a deal as the filter companies make over micron ratings, they sure don't go out of their way to publish the information on specific filters. I sent an email to fleetguard and will report back if I learn something.
So.....
What kind of pump are you running? Most inline pump manufactures recommend a simple inline filter (pre pump) if any at all. I think any spin on filter before the pump would create a restriction which will ultimately harm the pump itself. Aeromotive makes a 100 micron inline filter but that would require you eliminate the filter head you have pre-pump.

http://aeromotive.carshopinc.com/product_info.php/products_id/3252/12304

I've used hydraulic filters for years and had no issues, you can get them in any micron rating from 3-300+ and they are relatively inexpensive but will require a different filter head.

running this Aeromotive11106 - 700 HP Fuel Pump

currently moves a gpm @ 40psi or so

i realize that the FS1212 is rated to flow 12 gph or so, so in theory it may not be a restriction to flow... but still.

should be able to find hydrolic filters with 1-14 thread no ?

another question....

FF5320 is a 2micron fuel filter

what would the 5 micron and 10 micron filter p/n's that screw to the same base 1-14 thread

another question....

FF5320 is a 2micron fuel filter

what would the 5 micron and 10 micron filter p/n's that screw to the same base 1-14 thread

As I said before, not many filter companies list the micron rating anymore so I'd only be guessing. Try and FS1212 or an FF105. Both are 1-14

Back