Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Exterior Care
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Exterior Care Wash, Wax, Paint, Body, Buffing, and Polishing.

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 11:35 AM   #1
cerickson

Name: cerickson
Title: fullpull108
Member`s Gallery
Power washer water hose

I got a powerhorse 3100 psi washer for Christmas. I am having a hard time keeping the intake water hose together. I blew the ends off of 3 different water hoses. Figured it was just the nature of the cheapo hose.

Went to walmart 2 weeks ago and bought what they are claiming as their sever or heavy duty $30 hose. The Male end of the hose looked robust. Made it through power washing the wifes truck and half way thru my truck. Then boom, damn end blowed apart.

What hoses are you guys using for your power washers? Need something that will not blow the end off after a couple of uses. Do I need to order a certain hose or try a hardware store instead of Wally World? Any and all help greatly appreciated

Mine: 2008 Dodge 3500 megacab 4x4 drw 6 SPD stick. Anarchy EFI, Flo Pro egr delete, 5" straight pipe, Edge cts2

Wifes: 2006 Dodge 3500 megacab 4X4 drw goerend auto, 4 inch straight pipe, S&B cai, FASS 150 pump, EFI live by Anarchy

Old 05-24-2020, 12:09 PM   #2
dummins

Name: dummins
Title: Another moron
Member`s Gallery
Napa here makes a hose that’s basically a hydraulic line with good crimped ends. Works great.

Old 05-24-2020, 01:44 PM   #3
cerickson

Member`s Gallery
Upon further review. I actually read the book on the power washer. It is saying my water supply is to high coming from the spicket. I have to reduce the pressure. Guess I will be getting me a rv water regulator to hook to hose.

Mine: 2008 Dodge 3500 megacab 4x4 drw 6 SPD stick. Anarchy EFI, Flo Pro egr delete, 5" straight pipe, Edge cts2

Wifes: 2006 Dodge 3500 megacab 4X4 drw goerend auto, 4 inch straight pipe, S&B cai, FASS 150 pump, EFI live by Anarchy

Old 05-24-2020, 09:57 PM   #4
JWhite

Name: JWhite
Title: Trained monkey
Member`s Gallery
What's your pressure switch set to? I've never had a hose come apart on mine, and always buy the regular "farm and ranch" hose.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:34 PM   #5
cerickson

Member`s Gallery
Google Image Result for https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91TMGEdZ5BL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Going with this to see what kind of pressure the spicket is putting out. Plus I can dial it back if it's to high.

Old 05-25-2020, 09:28 PM   #6
JWhite

Name: JWhite
Title: Trained monkey
Member`s Gallery
What's the water source? Does it have a pressure tank? Don't have a reliable gauge already?

If you don't have a pressure tank and it's just a pump hooked to a pressure switch, you could be getting a spike when you let off the trigger

Old 05-26-2020, 11:32 AM   #7
cerickson

Member`s Gallery
Water source is city water. Thought it might be a pressure spike as well. No gauge being city water. Just a water meter in the meter pit. Figured this pressure gauge will do the job. If the pressure is to high I can dial it down.

Rest of the house has normal pressure. No rattling or shaking of the pipes from ti much pressure. Never had this problem when I used to use my little cheap electric power washer. Just with this gas powered washer. I'm used to pressure reducers, have been using them for my rv for the past 27 years.

Old 05-26-2020, 11:50 AM   #8
CorneliusRox

Name: CorneliusRox
Title: Seasoned Rookie
Member`s Gallery
That's weird. I have a well and hook up to the pre-filter side (basically off the well pump) where it sees 60psi. I use really cheap Walmart hoses on my 2800psi TroyBuilt with no issues at all. You're taking about the supply side right?

On the high pressure side I used these with good luck:
Amazon.com : Karcher 8.756-105.0 25-Foot Replacement Hose for Gas Outdoor

Old 05-26-2020, 11:06 PM   #9
cerickson

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorneliusRox View Post
That's weird. I have a well and hook up to the pre-filter side (basically off the well pump) where it sees 60psi. I use really cheap Walmart hoses on my 2800psi TroyBuilt with no issues at all. You're taking about the supply side right?

On the high pressure side I used these with good luck:
Amazon.com : Karcher 8.756-105.0 25-Foot Replacement Hose for Gas Outdoor
Yes the supply side coming from the house to the back of the washer.

Closed Thread