Entry level/budget nitrous setup

SCHMITTY

Not enough time
I'd like to be able to knock .5 - 1.0 second or So off a high 12 second 1/4 mile time. The truck is 6000 lbs with me in it.

Silver 64/74/14

5x.016s

7mm dv's

180 pump at 19*

Stock stall speed triple disk

Retorqued head bolts.

I've been looking on eBay for a fogger nozzle and also a cheater solenoid but I'm seeing a lot of the power shot solenoids and Edelbrock performer solenoids. Would the smaller solenoids be able to flow enough ?

When it pops I'll get it re surfaced, possibly some port work and put some 425s or new bolts in it. There may be a shop in state that o rings heads.

Last edited:
What does it run now? Seems to me it should be in the low 12s or high 11s already with what you have now.

Well get it on the track and find out. Before adding any drugs.

I probably won't make it to the track this year. It's open from May- Labor Day. The track is a 4 hour drive from me otherwise I'd be there a lot more. Ive been working 7/12s all summer (I'm in construction ) so that conflicts also. I'll do more research and probably buy a cheater solenoid. I keep finding the smaller ones for dirt cheap and since I'm running 5x.016s and 7mms I thought I might be able to get what I was looking for with a smaller solenoid.

Smaller solenoids should work. If you buy them used, I would get a rebuild kit for them. The seals tend to go bad if not used regularly.

Don't know what kind of budget you have but you can get a new Nitrous Express kit for about $600-$700.

I'll keep that in mind . I'm not trying to be super cheap I just noticed there were some decent looking used kits on eBay

We just use a 100 dollar NOS solenoid from jegs. It works great for that small bump

Back