Power issues

'Powerstroke7.3

Hearing Impaired
When I get to speed (70), my engine starts shaking and wont give me any power. It takes about 20 miles to do it. I changed the fuel filter so thats not the issue. The filter bowl is full of fuel. Check eng dummy light came on and went back off. The truck drives fine if you stay at 55 or below. No issues whatsoever. Just like everything is normal. Help me out guys. Thanks

Daniel

Could be the FPR is clogged, might be your IPR is going bad or the HPOP. Your fuel pump could be going out... I don't think it would be your injector o-rings because I think it would be doing it all the time. Just a couple fo things that came to mind...

Oh have you taken the chip out to see if that made a difference? If you know someone with a scanner I would do that and get the codes.

Yeah. Gonna scan it tomorrow. I set the chip to stock last night when it started and it did the same exact thing so it is most likely not that. I got the same response basically from someone else about the HPOP and IPR, So I think thats where we are going to have to start.

yeah definitely would sound like an HPOP or IPR issue to me, but if it was an HPOP issue it would do it under hard acceleration, does it?? if not then i severely doubt it's the HPOP... can't you just unplug the IPR?? and if it fixes it then that's your problem.... or could be a CPS... those things have been to known to do some weird things

yeah definitely would sound like an HPOP or IPR issue to me, but if it was an HPOP issue it would do it under hard acceleration, does it?? if not then i severely doubt it's the HPOP... can't you just unplug the IPR?? and if it fixes it then that's your problem.... or could be a CPS... those things have been to known to do some weird things

It isnt the CPS. I have the international one. At least it isnt showing the symtoms that would lean me toward that thought. It does it at cruise at about 70 then the power just drops out. I did run it full throttle after it started and it showed 2500 rpms and wasnt accelerating and was giving a real hard vibration from the engine.

Looks like the final verdict is the HPOP. Thanks again for your help guys. Thanks John and looks like we might be replacing that one together. Dont worry Ill still pay you. LOL
Also on a side note. The only codes on the truck were Idle air temp. Also pressure was down near the 14000 range at WOT.

You can just drop it off and Ill let you know when you can pick it up.:hehe:

It isnt the CPS. I have the international one. At least it isnt showing the symtoms that would lean me toward that thought. It does it at cruise at about 70 then the power just drops out. I did run it full throttle after it started and it showed 2500 rpms and wasnt accelerating and was giving a real hard vibration from the engine.

gotcha, as long as it does it under hard acceleration then i will back the HPOP theory 100%

Good to know. I like solid theories. I wish there were some codes but Ill take 3 peoples same theory to just throwing parts at it.

Jody at DP Tuner told me that he doesnt like to see an HPOP fall below 2500 psi at wot. So if that helps you out any on your situation.

Ok guys. Life lesson learned over and over. I don't know when I will get it through my head. SOOO, check your fuel. We went through the whole song and dance with the trouble shooting and figured out that it was ultimately a fuel issue. So in going through every thing we decided to open the tank and it seems the only theory that we could come up with was that someone put a whole cigar in my tank. The whole bottom of the tank was covered in medium cut brown leaves. I don't know who would try to blow up my rig but I would like to catch the douche who did it. We cleaned it out and installed a new fuel pump and she runs better than ever. Thanks again for all your help guys. I really appreciate it.

Daniel

Back