FMS pull

It didnt look as bad as some have made it out to be. Yeah there was some carnage but Rods video looked allright to me. Of couse that doesnt show the other things people were complaining about like the akwardness and the little ****. Brads truck looked like it was going to make a good run if it didnt break. Hopefully they get another chance to prove themselves next year.

So the gasser class is jealous they don't make enough hp to shell parts?

Looked like any other pull to me, nobody gets up when the trucks run.

Here is some reading from Pulloff.com i found. A few of you guys might be intersted in offering your opinion.LOL

PULLOFF.COM :: Feedback

Ok which one of you posted this :

"The thing many people forget about the DFWD guys is that they are virgins to the sport and are now just getting their hands down the pants of big time pulling and are trying to figure out what to do."

Virgins to the sport...now thats funny. Rookies to Lousiville in the TRUCKS,(some have been their with tractors) but virgins to the sport?

Now, I watched the video, it wasn't that bad!!!!

Man, it looks like a 2.6 Turbo rule thread over there....Lots of B!tC$hing, but no real reason for it.

Guess these guys dont realize what the MOD guys have to use on their vehicles. Heck this class is what, 5 years old? Dont tell me most of the tractor classes were doing the same thing when they were still wearing diapers running with the big boys!!!!

Plus I think its a little boring to watch what looks like the same tractor make run after run. Diesel trucks give a break in the doldrums of repetitiveness of tractors!!!

Someone said it best, probably should have brought the 3.0 class in. The mod trucks look great, but many of them are science experiments. The 3.0 guys have tried and true trucks. The mod guys did a decent job. What did Atley loose, it looks like he broke the case on the differential or something.

Hey had an interesting conversation this morning. The Saturday show at one oclock had the biggest turnout for that time slot in the shows history, which looks like to me people are wanting to see the diesel trucks at the NFMS :rockwoot:

To the diesel crowd please quit your b****in and be happy about the fact that diesel trucks made it in the NFMS. First time in 46 years.

Last edited:
Someone said it best, probably should have brought the 3.0 class in. The mod trucks look great, but many of them are science experiments. The 3.0 guys have tried and true trucks. The mod guys did a decent job. What did Atley loose, it looks like he broke the case on the differential or something.

The 3.0 trucks need to get out pencil and paper and take note as to how professional the Super Stock teams handled themselves at the NFMS. They are a class act and put on one hell of a show. Another thing to keep in mind for the 3.0 guys is right now the NFMS is wanting the Super Stock trucks, so get behind your fellow puller and congratulate them on a great show. The 3.0 guys should keep putting the effort and your day will come but not if this " 3.0 trucks could have done better" attitude continues!

Dennis

The 3.0 trucks need to get out pencil and paper and take note as to how professional the Super Stock teams handled themselves at the NFMS. They are a class act and put on one hell of a show. Another thing to keep in mind for the 3.0 guys is right now the NFMS is wanting the Super Stock trucks, so get behind your fellow puller and congratulate them on a great show. The 3.0 guys should keep putting the effort and your day will come but not if this " 3.0 trucks could have done better" attitude continues!

Dennis

Dennis I am not upset that the 3.0 trucks didn't get invited, and you are correct that the SS trucks do have a great professionalism about them. I don't even have a 3.0 truck. The science experiment wasn't meant as a jab to the SS guys. To have a top running SS truck it has to be at the ragged edge. I am glad the SS trucks got to hook. While we all love to see diesel trucks, you have to remember that not everyone has the same passion for the sport as we do. You have folks that will look for any excuse to hammer the diesel trucks. We are seeing that now from the pull off. com folks.

As I have said I am not faulting the SS guys, they were asked to come and hook and put on a show. They did what they were asked to do. I am sure that every one of them put in untold hours to get it done also. Some just didn't have the best of luck. If you look back at the history the last few years the SS guys have struggled with the numbers, and it isn't their fault, that class is so competitive, and as I said before, they are on the ragged edge of a box of shrapnel with the power they are producing.

I voiced my opinion that I feel the NFMS would have been better suited to snag some 3.0 trucks. Not saying the SS guys didn't deserve to go, or don't work as hard I am sure many of them work even harder. When your trying to gain acceptance, sometimes different approaches may be better.

Dennis I am not upset that the 3.0 trucks didn't get invited, and you are correct that the SS trucks do have a great professionalism about them. I don't even have a 3.0 truck. The science experiment wasn't meant as a jab to the SS guys. To have a top running SS truck it has to be at the ragged edge. I am glad the SS trucks got to hook. While we all love to see diesel trucks, you have to remember that not everyone has the same passion for the sport as we do. You have folks that will look for any excuse to hammer the diesel trucks. We are seeing that now from the pull off. com folks.

As I have said I am not faulting the SS guys, they were asked to come and hook and put on a show. They did what they were asked to do. I am sure that every one of them put in untold hours to get it done also. Some just didn't have the best of luck. If you look back at the history the last few years the SS guys have struggled with the numbers, and it isn't their fault, that class is so competitive, and as I said before, they are on the ragged edge of a box of shrapnel with the power they are producing.

I voiced my opinion that I feel the NFMS would have been better suited to snag some 3.0 trucks. Not saying the SS guys didn't deserve to go, or don't work as hard I am sure many of them work even harder. When your trying to gain acceptance, sometimes different approaches may be better.

No harm intended. The diesel trucks are finally getting the recognition I think the deserve. I would just like to see everyone involved in sled pulling get behind the Super Stocks for getting invited to the NFMS. We had a little ridged start at first and that was not the SS guys fault. We are already talking about how we can more efficiently moved these big trucks around. Things are looking great for next year's NFMS so let's get behind the SS trucks and show them that diesel's are the future. :rockwoot:

No harm intended. The diesel trucks are finally getting the recognition I think the deserve. I would just like to see everyone involved in sled pulling get behind the Super Stocks for getting invited to the NFMS. We had a little ridged start at first and that was not the SS guys fault. We are already talking about how we can more efficiently moved these big trucks around. Things are looking great for next year's NFMS so let's get behind the SS trucks and show them that diesel's are the future. :rockwoot:

Yea I don't care what truck you have, but moving them around is challenging. They had issues moving just 2.8 trucks around at an indoor pull a few years ago. I could only imagine how much harder it would be with a truck that hangs another 1000 lbs out front. Again I don't think the SS guys did anything wrong, and putting it in the sand never hurts either! LOL

Anybody and I mean anybody that thinks the 3.0 trucks are anywhere near ready for that track is WRONG! There was more carnage on that track in less than an hour than I have ever seen in the SS diesel class, and it wasn't driver error. There were very close calls out there and I mean close! Kent gotta a rear driveline, Cory got a front when you get one you usually get both, a drop box and a motor. NFMS is one of the best tracks you'll ever see, best dirt and prep work ever...when you walk on it it feels like your shoes are tacky and sticking to it, I know because i was walking on it during driver introductions....The trucks were the main attraction at Broadbent arena, I don't care what tractors were there they would of still been the main attraction, Erik put the body up on his truck and you could'nt get anywhere around it for 2hrs. Dennis Perry......what can I say, he's awesome. He had a huge deal in getting us there and he is the man! He was running around that place making sure everything was perfect and it was! We needed a better showing but these trucks are exciting and there wasn't one person getting up.

Anybody and I mean anybody that thinks the 3.0 trucks are anywhere near ready for that track is WRONG! There was more carnage on that track in less than an hour than I have ever seen in the SS diesel class, and it wasn't driver error. There were very close calls out there and I mean close! Kent gotta a rear driveline, Cory got a front when you get one you usually get both, a drop box and a motor. NFMS is one of the best tracks you'll ever see, best dirt and prep work ever...when you walk on it it feels like your shoes are tacky and sticking to it, I know because i was walking on it during driver introductions....The trucks were the main attraction at Broadbent arena, I don't care what tractors were there they would of still been the main attraction, Erik put the body up on his truck and you could'nt get anywhere around it for 2hrs. Dennis Perry......what can I say, he's awesome. He had a huge deal in getting us there and he is the man! He was running around that place making sure everything was perfect and it was! We needed a better showing but these trucks are exciting and there wasn't one person getting up.

Amen.

Back