Lost all electrical!!

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
went to drive my 94 3500 today for work and it fired right up....but has no electricity!!

Gauge cluster doesn't work
No horn, windows or door locks
No head lights or turn signals etc...

Where should I start to run this issue down?
Both battery cables are clean and tight. The ground wire from block to frame is grounded.

How would the shut off solenoid get power but nothing else?

BATEMAN yes it did repidedly fire up. The truck has a diesel fuel tank in the bed and I have been moving it around my shop driveaay daily to fill up tractors that are strapped down on trailers.

Wouldn't key switch only control things that are tuned on by the key? Being that the headlights don't need a key turned on to activate would that eliminate the key switch as suspect? I'm wondering how many ground wires the truck has.

Big cluster of grounds connect under the drivers battery, acid likes to seep down there and chew everything up. I like to add a few #10 awg jumpers from battery to frame, frame to femder, fender to cluster under battery, then right to the firewall.

I have also found rub through spots right near the main fuse box, up against the inner fender.

Last edited:
Not yet, I just now got the batteries charged up lastnight (they went dead I guess from this issue) I have been working late every night for the last few weeks.
I plan to start looking at the ground wires on driver side later today.

Back