Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech- General Diesel > Alternative Fuels
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alternative Fuels Fuel Talk!

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 01:58 PM   #41
millco

Name: millco
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
I am interested in more info on this! I only see a couple of posts with useful info and actual data and info.
I was reading somewhere and they were ranting against the 'Diesel Secret' additive.... I laughed at the 'reason' they cited for not putting gasoline in a diesel engine: "It is wasting compression energy because gasoline doesn't need as much air to burn as what the diesel provides". This is a sort of true statement (Duh: If you have too much air, just add more fuel!!) but not a valid reason to not put gasoline in a diesel engine! (I would think it is because gasoline ignites at a much lower temp and you would be advancing the timing on a diesel engine too much by using it as a fuel....? I have a 'windowed' 12V block that I thought only had 140,k on it. I have always wondered what caused it to throw that rod like that. I have the VE off of it and I asked an injection service to test it. They gave it back and said they would not put it on their stand! It has some orange fluid in it and they didn't want it in their test stand. I now kind of suspect it was stale gasoline coming out of that injection pump..... I can't say that would have been enough to blow that Cummins up though... If someone had fueled in up with gas instead of diesel..... ?)

I am a big promoter of using the best filtration that you can possibly get ahold of!! I have an 'old' '06 Cummins but I have used 2 micron fuel filtration since it was new. On my 'old' 'low' pressure Common Rail system: Crud in the 5 to 7 micron size is what will cause wear and tear in my 'low' pressure system (Mine idles around 5,k and reaches a max load / RPM of around 21,000 PSI). I freaked when I found out this size dirt is what would wear my injection system because the OEM filter then was in the 12 - 15 micron size. After my truck was a few years old, they changed to a 7 micron filter.

I say all that to say: I am still wondering why 'clean' WMO would harm a CR system. I agree that if it had wear metal from an engine that it would be bad for the injection system! If you filter it to 2 micron absolute then wouldn't it be ok? Is there going to be an erosion problem / wear from the smaller particles that are still in there?
The only other problem I can see would be if there is a problem with deposit build up. Let's face it: Diesels are 'dirty'. There is a fair amount of deposits and build up from just using straight diesel fuel!! What deposits and build up have you seen from using WMO?

The guys who have used WMO in a CR already and have had failures:

What were the failures?
How did you filter the WMO? How pure was it? Was there any other fluids in it?
How well did you separate out the water?
What time of the year was your primary use of WMO?

Old 11-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #42
Legendarydslper

Name: Legendarydslper
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Just buy fuel....

2006 CCLB Black- "Lookin for a Hookup" 2.6 Pull truck project.

Closed Thread