6.4 PowerFlite

Krazeeun

Hardway Performance
6.4 w/48re, it's happening :rockwoot:

43785c3c.jpg

04f23937.jpg

The key here is to have the driving gloves on when using the push button shift....lol

Ok back to the cool trans swap....:rockwoot:

Will the Ford trans not hold up to the power, or is this just a do it to be different project?

In extreme high HP drag racing applications the 47RE platform just flat outperforms the 5R's. Simplicity, durability & control (PCS) for the win.

For good reason, stock for stock the dodges are by far the worst of the big three... even the new 68RFE's are turdalicious

Actually the 48RE had the lowest warranty cost of any of the other brands of the same model year.

Does that mean dodge refused to warranty all the junk tranny's and that's why they all came to us? :hehe:

stock 48re = squishy turd

Every one I've driven, yep.

Stock 68RFE = less squishy turn than 48RE, but still no built tranny.

To be very honest, after driving my Brother's 09 LMM again over the weekend, I can't say that I like the Allison any better than my 68RFE. They both suck until the converter locks.

Chris

That's funny I've been driving my brothers 08LMM all week with our GMAX kit and 1056 converter, even with all that the defuel during shift thing just sucks and is very weird to drive around.

My favorite trannies are by far the 47RE and a close second is a built 4L80E, but... we couldn't keep those from exploding in our pro-street duramax so it got a dura-flite as well, then spit the rods all over the pavement

Probably means they just soaked up enough of the torque to not break until after the converter trashed itself at 150K miles.

Chris

Part of that is correct. I think one of the reasons for the reduced warranty cost of the 48RE is the torque management software.

I didn't say it was a better transmission. Behind a stock engine the 48RE performs pretty well.

In my prior career, they would dyno the 47RE, basically simulated pulling an RV. This was done with a SRT V10 as the engine. It would full throttle until like 3500 rpm in drive, then let up and go into OD at half throttle, let off the gas, slow back down and hammer down again. The test was 2000 times IIRC. They had said the 47RE had never completed the test, the best was in the 1700 cycles. The first 48RE they put on went over 2500, the rest of them they would stop at the 2000 mark.

Back