Tapatalk alternative~ Topify

And for those who are real techno geeks, I've cleared my cache multiple times, used a different formatted SD card to install it on, got rid of a few apps that might interfere.

I will be frank. I don't run task managers as the #1 when I got my first droid years ago ended being more like bloatware. Let me review it first.

I will be frank. I don't run task managers as the #1 when I got my first droid years ago ended being more like bloatware. Let me review it first.

Trust. This is no nonsense goodness. I don't make software recommendations, but that one I'm not afraid of.

For some reason I couldn't delete apps. It would just run on and on. That app fixed it. There were other things. I got it from the moto gods themselves.
I have no problem with frank. I will say that app doesn't really function like a task killer unless you make it do so.
From my Not-So-Smart phone

Last edited:
But then, I would feel terrible if it did something stupid to your phone.

You are the man to talk to, how long will your phone run with ~%80 screen function ? I'm looking heavily into doing the Maxx/3300mah battery mod on my phone

Screen function? I have my backlight on high, in 1X most of the day due to a concrete building, have WiFi and GPS both turned on, and after 8 hours running about 50% of then time using the internet, I still have 35-40% battery left.

Screen function? I have my backlight on high, in 1X most of the day due to a concrete building, have WiFi and GPS both turned on, and after 8 hours running about 50% of then time using the internet, I still have 35-40% battery left.

Wow.

I should have said screen on/ screen utilization.

I'm going to have to order that battery

On a Sunday with nothing going on, I get up between 7-8am. Start using my phone around 9, play games, text, CompD, Facebook, and have the screen on nearly 100% of that time. I don't plug in until about 4pm to 7pm.

On a Sunday with nothing going on, I get up between 7-8am. Start using my phone around 9, play games, text, CompD, Facebook, and have the screen on nearly 100% of that time. I don't plug in until about 4pm to 7pm.

With GPS and low cell reception there also?

No. WiFi and 4G.

I won't be on it this much this weekend. I'll unplug it on Saturday morning and won't plug it in till Sunday night.

Thanks Phil.

Biggy, recent update has sped it up a little but a couple sites I still can't access. Idk if they need to update the back end or what but if Phil can get Topify to work, I am dropping Tapatalk all together. Topify is free and runs blazingly fast.

I noticed but I still get error messages and different messages about not having permission to access a page or cannot connect to a forum. Refresh and all is well, sometimes.

I noticed but I still get error messages and different messages about not having permission to access a page or cannot connect to a forum. Refresh and all is well, sometimes.

I'm rolling pretty well with it. I noticed if you quote a post, it will display your post inline with the quoted until the thread is refreshed.

Did you run that app to any success?

My biggest complaint with tapatalk (on iPhone 5) is that let's say I am looking at multi page thread. When I click it always goes to the last page. So I scan over that then go back a page to see what I missed. Why can't the thing automatically refresh the previous page? I go from page 4 back to page 3. Then I have to manually refresh the page to see all of page 3

Ok. I'm done *****ing now...

Will

Back