CCV

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
I am needing to do a CCV and was looking for a couple of ideas on how to do it. I am leaning towards a line to an air/oil separator, and just collect it after a run or two, or somehow dump it back into the exhaust? Whats the best way to do this?

This is what I use: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/STF-5115/

Routing it into the exhaust doesn't work very well on a turbo diesel. Not enough exhaust pulses (because there are dampened by the turbo(s)), to make it work.

I normally only get a few drops out of the breather tank after a race. On my 05 even less.

Paul

I'm Using Moroso Exhaust Evac Kit From My Tappet Cover To The Exhaust It Seems To Work Great Nice Part Is The Dam Tube Isn't There To Drip Anymore. My Friend Is Running His 2 Valve Cover Breathers Into His Down Pipe With The Same Kit But These Are On 12valves

I took a 03 valve cover and put a 12an fitting into the single hole for the external factory CCV. I then ran that to the Racor CCV. You could put a tap into the exhaust to provide some vacuum to the crank case or the intake before the turbo unless you are running the turbo's open on the track. I ran a 4an line into the top of the upper oil pan from the drain in the CCV.

picture.php

Here is a link to where I just wrote how to plumb it into the exhaust.

Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together - View Single Post - Breathers into exhaust

You might use the venturi princible and run it into the exhaust just behind the turbo or turbos where you would have the highest exhaust flow

All engines make a little more power with vacuum on the crank case. Not to mention maintaining the seals with much more integrity.

Venting it to the exhaust would be pretty easy on my setup. Thanks guys. Thanks for the how to Sinner!

Last edited:
Back