Altering Toy Hauler to Fit Drag Truck

wilmesbm

Anyone ever attempt to alter a modern day toy hauler to fit their drag trucks?

I looked at one a couple years ago where the owner had removed the wall that would normally separate the garage and the kitchen to double the size of his garage. It ended up giving him close to 25' of garage space so he could haul two side by sides. It was a triple axle Jayco if I remember correctly.

I've never seen anyone else go that route though, I'd be curious to get some insight from anyone who has a decent amount of experience with toy haulers.

The few toyhaulers I've been around I'd be pretty scared to load 5-6000lbs on the back of. Have you looked at the cargo trailers with living quarters?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

you need a work and play..avg toyhauler wont take the weight..esp on the ramp door. forest river makes the work and play and theyre badass.....but theyre all exp so get ready...even used ones. lot of the problem like with my toyhaler is my mule wont fit inside cuz the door opening is too short..but mine has an open floor from front to back and everything folds up except for the kitchen broom that's the first 10 ft of 26....with a diamind plate floor itll haul anything but its heavy as ****

I'm not even in the market, was just curious more than anything. I did assume however that modifications would have to be done to both the frame and the loading ramp to support the weight.

Even a lightweight diesel drag truck will be 4500-5000lbs. Toy haulers are built to carry 1500lb sxs and motorcycles, you will crush everything. Even my 48' Cargo Craft Eliminator couldnt handle my 6500lb drag truck, the rear door is bent pretty bad, I am going to have to rebuild it.

Idk, the max ccc I found on those is 4500 and would include water, fuel, tools. The doors don't look that stout either

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dunesport says they are building them to haul cars and trucks. Their instagram has vids of them loading a full width V8 Jeep and a newer 4 door Tacoma. A very gutted race truck around 5k lbs should be comparable ish.

I got a buddy selling one like mine, 48' with living quarters, 7k Onan, $15k. I debated just buying an empty trailer and building the LQ, but you are waaaay ahead just buying one. Just the generators are $6k.

I got a buddy selling one like mine, 48' with living quarters, 7k Onan, $15k. I debated just buying an empty trailer and building the LQ, but you are waaaay ahead just buying one. Just the generators are $6k.

Biggest difference I look for when looking at trailers. Does it have a built in generator and is there a good one present. It’s a royal pain to add one and the cost is not cheap. I got lucky with my Onan for free but that’s not common for most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back