02 cutting out

gwhammy

My 02 just developed a habit of dying for a second or two then running again. It may do it once or a whole bunch of times then run perfect. I thought the vp might be going out but the ones I've had go out weren't this violant and usually went out real quick after they started.

I’d be watching the crank sensor with a scanner when it’s acting up. And/or if those things have a camshaft sensor that too.

Driving shuts completely off it seems then starts again. Some are real short the last ones were real bad but it never completely quit. I'm going to say in the last two mile drive it did it 15 or 20 times. I almost turned around in the first mile it was so bad.

Driving shuts completely off it seems then starts again. Some are real short the last ones were real bad but it never completely quit. I'm going to say in the last two mile drive it did it 15 or 20 times. I almost turned around in the first mile it was so bad.

That sounds like an ignition switch or possibly a loose fuse, connection, etc. in the ignition circuit.

Not exactly high tech., but sometimes they'll act up if you jiggle the key while going down the road.

It goes to idle then picks the rpms back up I was wrong about it dying. We put it on a scanner and it shows no codes. You can power brake it and it doesn't do it then when you take off it starts bucking again. Wouldn't a tps show or crank sensor show a code? If I wasn't getting rid of it a p pump would be in it's future.

Back