FS-2500 Bypass filter

I wonder if the oilguard by-pass filter will screw on the amsoil dual remote block? I like the dual remote block but I think the oilguard filter would be better after probing through the data. Amsoil is pretty vauge when it comes to details.

there is so many bypass filters from fs2500 oilguard and amsoil i have found another but cant find its website..............which one to get

from reading all the websites from their manufacturers i feel the FS-2500 is the best does anybody have one or have insite on where it mounts on an 03 cummins. Also if anyone has one does it really filter the oil like it says?

I changed my oil and sent off for an analysis to blackstone labs at 6000 miles. The oil was black as coal. The sample came back in great shape. They said I could extend my interval farther. I am going to go about 8000 miles this time. I know the book say 7500 miles but I am going to slowly try to extend. It might cost alittle more in short term, but I'll have piece of mind.

does it make any difference what type of motor mods that you have on the truck with how far you can go on an oil change? I know I had kinda sootie oil they last time i changed it at 10k..I may need to invest in the bypass..I know I need to but i need some $$.

The guys here at the shop change theirs about every 7000 miles. Barry's 03 dodge, Matt's 12V. These 2 are high HP modded to the nutz trucks. If you are lightly modded you may be able to go longer but I would get oil analysis done just to double check.

im no crazy hp..but I am descent hp..I am going 10k on valvoline premium blue extreme 5w40..If I could go 15k or maybe even 20 it wouldn't take long to re coop the money for the bypass..

how much HP are you talkin about Dennis?

You could, just be sure to get an oil analysis done to be safe.

Barry's 03 is at about 700 rwhp I think and the 12V was last dyno'd at over 900 rwhp. There is a great you tube vid of the 12v blowing up on Maddog's dyno this past summer. LOL Matt hit 125 psi and sprayed 2 shots of nitrous....kaboom!! haha Funny vid a good learning tool :)

ok..thanks for the info..I am no where near that..438 with no nos..so I should be fine..I have the kits from blackstone..but forgot about it they last oil change..

on the FS2500 is there any fleetguard or other filter that will do the job? instead of getting the filters from FS??

i am looking into getting this for my truck if you call them this week they told me they have a deal going till the end of the week when i get my next pay check i am going to order it

I just got my latest report back. With 15,118 miles on the oil the tbn was still good at 5.2. I would post the report on here but I don't want all my personal stuff out there ya know.

I talked to a girl Filtration Solutions and she said most truck running a semi-synthetic like me could go around 40k. so we will have to wait and see. I have been sampling every 5000 miles and changing the filter every 10k.

Back