FS-2500 Bypass filter

SpyderTB

Red Owl
i have been reading up on the FS-2500 by pass filter does anybody have one or any bypass filter. If so does it work like it states and will it prolong the life of my oil and my engine?

I have one on my new to me 2002. Their website says you can run the oil almost 10k before an oil change. The only problem is that I was not changing my oil 'til 10k on my old '97. (Schaeffer 7000 semi synthetic) I have only run about 8k through this filter. I sampled it at 6k and the oil was fine, so I will keep running it and see how long I can go until I have to change it all. BTW I get my oil sampled at Blackstone and they said that they relly like to see trucks running bypass systems if that helps at all.

I have one installed and just fixing to come up on the first 5,000 miles. I'm going to send off oil samples to blackstone and change everything (all fluids and filters). Then hope for 30,000 or so out of it, per complete change.

I want one. I change my oil ever 10K whether it needs it or not. :D I'm sure the bypass will help, not sure how much, but I would really like to try one when I get a birthday or something special where I can drop some cash.

We have a vendor here that sells the fs2500 systems, PCD Performance. Give a supporting vendor a shot.

Thanks Spyder I just noticed that! Its amazing what happens when you read stuff the second time. I will let you know how it looks when I get up to 10k, and go from there I guess.

Dont worry about it TravisG i can't remember to may things so i have to read it over and over to remember but when i do that i dont forget. There is a video on one of those sites that shows you i filtering out stuff and what a regular oil filter filters out... big difference.

Mine did not turn black right away like it did on my 'ol 12 valve, but after 8k on it the oil is black now. It will be pretty close to time to sample the oil again soon. When that happens I will let you guys know how it goes.

Mine turned black right away. Not as black as before. I saved a paper towel I checked it a 1000 miles with compared to 1000 miles with the fs-2500.Maybe wishful thinking. I think thats just the nature of the beast with these 6.7ltrs. I will sending samples it looks like next week.

Amsoil has a ton of good products and are well known. i found on there site a bypass filter that they have and on that site i put here there is a fitment charts and alot of info about their filter.. not as costly but a very good company so i trust them a bit more than the FS-2500

https://www.amsoil.com/storefront/bf.aspx

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks for that post! The Amsoil looks like a better deal. With the BMK-15Ea I can remote mount my full flow filter and the bypass filter with the same kit and it just screws on. No drilling or tapping...unless I ain't found it yet. I'm gonna look into this one. I got Christmas money comin'!!!! :D

BMK15EA Cummins Engine Dual Remote Kit - EAO26 & EABP100 (1 kit) - 2004 and Newer Use BMK11

$235.00

It's all about the filters. Read up and see which one does what. You'd be surprised how soot will coagulate in the system and yet disperse and slip through most filters.

Amsoil Vs Fs 2500

A Few Things To Think About,

Amsoil Interupts The Factory Oil Circuit, So If The Bypass Gets Clogged With Soot You Loose Volume And Pressure, Fs 2500 Is A True Bypass It Does Not Interupt The Factory Oil Circuit, IT Can Clog Completely And You Still Have Factory Oiling, Amsoil Test Are Based On The Double Element Over The Road Filter, Not A Light Truck Unit, Amsoil Is Less Effecient And Is Less Than 90%.

Any Questions?????????

I use the oilguard bypass it works the same as the fs 2500, I ran a full year and 20k miles on it before I changed the oil and filter. On my last OA Blackstone said I could run longer,that the iron count was a little high (generally found in higher mileage oil) but the TBN was still well over 7.6 and the silica levels were still at 3ppm. This is all due to running a good quality bypass system with good oil.

Back