Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #61
J.Keith

Name: J.Keith
Title: Pro Diesel Tech
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aer212 View Post
Can you give us a close up of how far the nozzle sticks through the head?
Grab ya one tomorrow but it's not far enough. Hold downs are a problem though.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #62
CPSimpson

Name: CPSimpson
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Anyone ever have success with this? If so what exactly needs done, machine work, electronics, hold downs,, etc... thanks

Old 08-24-2010, 11:37 AM   #63
Joesixpack

Name: Joesixpack
Title: Pull'n it.
Member`s Gallery
I'm running the 6.7 injectors, however with a stand alone ecu.

The factory ecu will not run my injectors but they have different nozzles that significantly change the energization times.

I really doubt even a stock 6.7 injector will work with the stock ecu. The energization current profile is way different for the new injectors.

Call up Zach, he said he's done it.

Last edited by Joesixpack; 08-24-2010 at 11:45 AM.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:33 PM   #64
maddog_madden

Name: maddog_madden
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
Hey Joesixpack im looking at putting 6.7l injectors as well in my 05 head and was wondering how they are running for you? Are they worth the upgrade? I will be running a stand alone ecm as well.
05dodge,4094r/GT98,85%CP3s,ZZ intake,5" Stack,port & polished 6.7 sleeved to 5.9,rings&studs,ATS IC,Exergy150%,188/220,springs,AFE intake,ATS st6 w/stand alone,fass260,FlexPlate,monothms,WoodruffRods,bala nced&cryoed,[COLOR="DarkRed"]1189hp/2268tq Smarty Revo on #4

Old 09-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #65
Joesixpack

Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog_madden View Post
Hey Joesixpack im looking at putting 6.7l injectors as well in my 05 head and was wondering how they are running for you? Are they worth the upgrade? I will be running a stand alone ecm as well.
I love the set I have, they work great and the injection pattern matches the bowls nice, (Earlier monotherms).

Only way to go if you want to really push the pressure and they are built to stand it.

Only bad the stock ecu's will not run them, at least in my experience.

The 04.5 injector 124 degree, will work but its not the best for the early monotherm bowls, they like a 146 or about.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #66
DIESEL_POWER

Name: DIESEL_POWER
Title: NGM Diesel
Member`s Gallery
Nice i did not know you were using 6.7 injectors.....cool idea. What was the advantage to doing this?

Old 09-20-2010, 12:02 PM   #67
Joesixpack

Member`s Gallery
They are the CRIN3 generation, and from the get go are rated for higher pressure. After a direct swap (and ecu calibration) they "switch" so much better at the high pressures. I can idle at 30,000 psi and get a perfect idle, nice sound and sharp timing. (I don't idle there, just was interested to see)

Try that with the older CRIN1.6's sounds like a rod is going to come out of the block, timing changes so much with pressure on these it isn't even funny.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:53 PM   #68
DIESEL_POWER

Name: DIESEL_POWER
Title: NGM Diesel
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesixpack View Post
They are the CRIN3 generation, and from the get go are rated for higher pressure. After a direct swap (and ecu calibration) they "switch" so much better at the high pressures. I can idle at 30,000 psi and get a perfect idle, nice sound and sharp timing. (I don't idle there, just was interested to see)

Try that with the older CRIN1.6's sounds like a rod is going to come out of the block, timing changes so much with pressure on these it isn't even funny.
Perfrect, Thats what i thought your reasoning was for doing this. You are exactly on target!! Way back in 2006 i was telling guys about the negative effects of high RP and what it does to the accual injection timing of the fuel, yea i got slamed by just about everyone for that kind of talk....

Nice to see that you can utilize a faster/ more accurate injector with your new SA ECU. The nira sounds sweet!!

Old 09-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #69
bdp

Name: bdp
Title: beans diesel performance
Member`s Gallery
I tried 6.7 injs in my 05 and while it did run it did not run right, rough idle and lots of white smoke. So they will not work on a 5.9 ecm. I do however run them with the Zuess on teh pullin truck and they work really well, handle a crap ton of pressure and are faster then standard 5.9 injs.

Old 11-12-2010, 01:32 PM   #70
GOT-Torque

Name: GOT-Torque
Title: is
Member`s Gallery
I have a set of low mileage stock 6.7 injectors for anyone looking to swap them in and run a standalone (PM me if you are interested). I bought some 90 hp tips and had my 5.9 injectors checked out to use in my 6.7 instead.

EATSOOT.com

Old 11-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #71
RonA

Name: RonA
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
So in reverse(putting vp44 style injectors into a 6.7 head) the hold downs would have to be modified so they will clamp the injector down without bottoming out the clamp?

Old 01-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #72
Gwoody

Name: Gwoody
Title: Switchblade Turbos
Member`s Gallery
Bump, any more news to this swap???

Old 01-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #73
GOT-Torque

Name: GOT-Torque
Title: is
Member`s Gallery
I did finally get my 6.7 injectors pulled out, and some 5.9 injectors installed. still have a few more things to finish up before firing it up though.

EATSOOT.com

Old 01-21-2011, 05:07 PM   #74
_cheese_

Name: _cheese_
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesixpack View Post
I'm running the 6.7 injectors, however with a stand alone ecu.

The factory ecu will not run my injectors but they have different nozzles that significantly change the energization times.

I really doubt even a stock 6.7 injector will work with the stock ecu. The energization current profile is way different for the new injectors.

Call up Zach, he said he's done it.
Who makes the aftermarket ecu your talking about?

Old 01-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #75
StainlessRRA

Name: StainlessRRA
Title: Advocatus diaboli
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by _cheese_ View Post
Who makes the aftermarket ecu your talking about?
Nira.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen View Post
It would have helped if the picture didn't look like a Helen Keller Painting.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #76
ForceFed

Name: ForceFed
Member`s Gallery
So is the problem with the factory ecm the energy, or the fact that it is timed to work with a slow injector? I was hoping to run a set once efi live was out.

Old 01-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #77
Joesixpack

Member`s Gallery
The current profile to drive the 6.7 injectors is a fair bit higher.

Old 01-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #78
StainlessRRA

Name: StainlessRRA
Title: Advocatus diaboli
Member`s Gallery
Honestly I wouldn't take the risk unless you have a stand alone and understand what you're doing. It's not worth the risk.(Trust me here)

Joesixpack is a great guy to talk to about it if you're going to try. Just don't ask Zach, I in no way think what he claims to have done is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen View Post
It would have helped if the picture didn't look like a Helen Keller Painting.

Last edited by StainlessRRA; 01-28-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #79
ForceFed

Name: ForceFed
Member`s Gallery
Well I need inj now. So looks like I will go with the 5.9's. I might look into swapping a 6.7 computer next time.

Closed Thread