New and Improved Beans Diesel Sump

yeah, vise grips.... thats a fine line, o just right. o crap too tight, just cut fuel line. shutoff on mine is a standard ball valve, but I keep the handle in my center console to keep it from snaggin on stuff, or anyone trying to pull a fast one.

yeah, vise grips.... thats a fine line, o just right. o crap too tight, just cut fuel line. shutoff on mine is a standard ball valve, but I keep the handle in my center console to keep it from snaggin on stuff, or anyone trying to pull a fast one.

Yeah something like this would work pretty well, but we will probably leave it up to the end user to setup their own shut off valve if they choose to do so.

You take needle-nose vice grips and cut a couple of lengths of 3/8" or 1/2" fuel line and slip them over the ends of the vice grips so you don't damage the fuel line when you clamp them down.
Been doin it that way for years...works great.

Will this new sump cover the bolt holes of the current model of sump or should a new tank be sourced?

You take needle-nose vice grips and cut a couple of lengths of 3/8" or 1/2" fuel line and slip them over the ends of the vice grips so you don't damage the fuel line when you clamp them down.
Been doin it that way for years...works great.

That^

I got lucky, spot welder blew all the teeth off a pair of mine. LOL

I am running the new design on my 2nd gen, I picked up 2-3psi at idle and WOT switching from stock pick-up to this....easy install and hasn't leaked a drop...

Do you think the threaded peice inside the tank would slip or spin if you ever had to tank the sump out?

and idea how/if this would replace the old style?

the old style one I have kept leaking until I really put a hurtin on the gasket, now said gasket is bacon-esque...but, currently not leaking

I have a spare tank... but is the oring diameter larger than the old style bolt circle?

Do you think the threaded peice inside the tank would slip or spin if you ever had to tank the sump out?
I don't think it will, but even if it does, you've got enough room through that 3" hole to put it back in it's place easily.
I was also curious about this.

Currently, the new sumps will not cover the old sumps mounting stud holes.
We're looking into making a slightly larger version of the new sumps for you guys with the old style sumps, but nothing in stone as of yet.

Here are some updated pictures with the final pieces.
Like i said earlier every sump will include the 3" hole saw for installation.
Should be up on the website in the next week or so.

newsump10_zps316ca230.jpg

newsump11_zps568f2fea.jpg

Last edited:
I need a sump when will u guys have them up on you're site I looked today couldn't find anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back