Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area- Dodge > Dodge Competition and Performance
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Dodge Competition and Performance General Dodge Competition and Performance Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 07:06 PM   #1
skilletky

Name: skilletky
Title: i love lamp
Member`s Gallery
Worn out engine?

I've got a p pumped 24 valve. Has 315k on the clock. I'm pretty sure its worn out, but maybe someone has a different say that may make me feel better. I've got a snow performance w/m kit on it. Keep it set at 70%. Kicks in at 7 psi and ramps up in 4 different stages depending on boost. When I drive on the highway, and boost get up, and the w/m injects more, I get a little bit of milky goo from the tapper breather( I have three breathers total). Truck runs good, good compression, and blow by seems normal ( never checked it according to Cummins test). Cylinders looked good the last time I had the head off. Would one say its worn out? Or just water vapor getting past the rings? Oil and dipstick dont show any milkyness. It's a 53 block, some I'm going to run it until it scatters, just kinda curious if anyone else has had this happen.
-01 2wd dually, 6x.016's, 188/220 cam, pee pumped, CPP hot street DV's, #5 plate, FASS220 ,stg3 snow performance, valair triple disk, 64 over 75, arp625's, 110 Springs,o ringed head,26* timing, redneck maxed 215 pump
-95 f250 xlt 7.3, ts6

Old 08-06-2018, 08:31 PM   #2
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
Too much of a good thing can have undesired effects.
You might be dumping too much W/M into it.

Mark.

Old 08-07-2018, 06:18 AM   #3
jasonc

Name: jasonc
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
If it doesn't have blowby, and isn't using any water, or pressurizing the coolant your fine.

Closed Thread