Duramax engine/TQ specs

DIESEL_POWER

NGM Diesel
01-2010 years
Stock engine specs. For future reference.

Bore 4.060

Stroke 3.900

Deck hight 10.315

Rod C to C (length) 6.420

*Performance TQ specs with moly*

ARP head studs 2000 125lbs TQ/ 22lbs for the M8's

ARP main studs 2000 200lbs TQ/86 ftlbs for the cross bolts

ARP Rocker bolts 2000 38 ftlbs

ARP Rocker studs 2000 50ftlbs

Not Again!!!

You just need to keep your trap shut! That's just not possible with you. Bore is 4.055 and the stroke is 3.8976. We go from snuffer to Stuffer, or Stroker, or Slickster, or JOKER. Epic Fail Again. :nail::doh::eek:wned:

You just need to keep your trap shut! That's just not possible with you. Bore is 4.055 and the stroke is 3.8976. We go from snuffer to Stuffer, or Stroker, or Slickster, or JOKER. Epic Fail Again. :nail::doh::eek:wned:

Wrong, AVG is what i posted, there accually all over the place from the factory. .008-.010 variance!!! But what would you know you measured one set of d-max internals in your life!

WOW!

Do you listen to what you say? Do you think before you post? Why would you put avg. as you call it and not a real number if your going to put anything? LMFAO AGAIN

Do you listen to what you say? Do you think before you post? Why would you put avg. as you call it and not a real number if your going to put anything? LMFAO AGAIN

it will get the avg person here in the right direction when looking for information :doh:

Since you know so much, why havent you posted anything usefull since you've been a member?:eek:wned:

Grow up and find someone else to follow around like a lost puppy....

Wrong, AVG is what i posted, there accually all over the place from the factory. .008-.010 variance!!!

Are you sure about that? You would need varying size pistons and rings...it would make no sense from a manufacturing standpoint.

Both LB7 blocks I have from totally random sources are 4.055 right on the money.

Isn't 4.060 rounded up from 4.055? Same with 3.900 and 3.8976?

Exactly, you talking less than 5 thou on the bore and less on the stroke, thats about half the thickness of a sheet of notebook paper....

Also the temp at which the blocks are measured can change deminsions a few thou BTW

Exactly, you talking less than 5 thou on the bore and less on the stroke, thats about half the thickness of a sheet of notebook paper....

Also the temp at which the blocks are measured can change deminsions a few thou BTW

It would take a difference of 100F or more to get the numbers you're quoting.

I still would like to see some examples of this wide bore variance using gauges that are worth a damn....because I don't believe it.

Wow thats a big factory tolerance like its 1909 or something. Ill look at what the bore tolerance is on a Mack tomorrow. My guess is less then +/- .001

Back