5000 motor performance

benhutch87

Go Big or Go Home
Looking for ideas on building a 5000 into a pulling tractor. turbo? bore size? fuel system?

Anyone have ideas to make good competitve horsepower??

No turbo on the 5000

Are you doing an engine swap for keeping the 4cyl? hat class do you wanna run?

dang. One of my buddies has a 7000 that has a turbo from the factory. I wonder if the motor out of the 7000 would bolt right up to the 5000 trans?

That would be the way to go!! Plus it would stay light. Hell could prolly fit in a 9500 class

Weighted down maybe! :lolly:
My buddies 7000 completely weighted down weighed 9500. That 5000 should fit in the 5500-7500 easily

no 5000 didnt come with turbos. they had to different size motors, earlier years came with the 233 and the later models switched to the 256 which is a common motor in the 7000 series....

im lookin to run a hot stock farm class yes i want to keep the 4 cyl i have to 233 smaller ci motor.. was thinkin of a bore job to get to the 256 ci. i want to put a turbo on it but dont know wat size would fit this motor well and would spool up nice?! also dont know what to do with the fuel system?! stock injection pump only can get turned up so much was thinkin goin bosch p pump?? and injectors idk what to do to get more fuel bigger nozzles Mack maybe? seen early threads on people running mack nozzles!?!?!

Probably be much cheaper to just find the 256 that is already set up to run a turbo and slap it into the tractor.
Wet or dry sleeved?
233 and 256 are close. Wasn't sure if they just pulled the liners out of it and ran pistons on the block.
Just throwin out ideas :)

thanks for the idea ill have to look into it!! my biggest issue right now is figurin out wat i should do in the fuel department... anyone have ideas bout injection pump and injectors?

You should look for a engine out of a 30 series that would be the 4 cylinder genesis,as for pump and injectors talk to Paul at Rochester f.I. he makes a 12mm Simms that should be close to 300 cc

Back