99 4wd conversion?

roachie

Taco Master
Trying to swap an 06 front axle into a 99 2wd truck. At a glance the radius arm brackets on the 2wd and 4wd look the same but I am unsure. Need to figure out if I need to buy them too. The coil buckets look very similar but dont know about them either.

Anyone?

Trying to swap an 06 front axle into a 99 2wd truck. At a glance the radius arm brackets on the 2wd and 4wd look the same but I am unsure. Need to figure out if I need to buy them too. The coil buckets look very similar but dont know about them either.

Anyone?

Quote from a Ford site.

i just finished this conversion, I used a 2006 axle, went to ford and bought coil buckets, they bolt right on, you will need a 4wd pitman arm, they are longer and then ream out the drag link hole to fit the bigger , 05 and newer, tie rod end, If you want to take advantage of the sharper turning front axle you will also need to change the gearbox, which has its own set of problems in switching but doable, everything will bolt on. You will have to drill a couple holes where various things bolt on but no big deal. You will also need radius arms and the frame mounts for the radius arms.

Back