Advertisement
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Home Who's Online Today's Posts HP Calculator CompD Gift Shop Mark Forums Read
Go Back   Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together > Tech Area-Ford > Ford Tech > 6.7 Scorpion
Register Members List Timeslips EFI Live Library Invite Your Friends FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 11:27 PM   #1
Foxracing6.7

Name: Foxracing6.7
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Still high oil temps !!!!

2016 6.7. First I am hotshot driver. Truck has 8500 engine hours and 4500 idle hours. Bought 17 months ago new from dealer, Finally got “wrench” icon and cloggged, shot, done , crapped out Dpf. Impressive with those hours ... anywho. Did straight pipe, and sct delete tuner and just unplugged the 3 necessary plugs under hood until my delete kit comes .. no codes ever prior to that Dpf one... now after code I drove 700 miles home and dropped trailer prior to driving those 700. Drove fine. Loss of power because of that wrench icon but can’t tell when empty , Soo drove it thinking ok since I deleted it beside the actual removal of Egr system under hood , my power will be back to normal since the sct tunes reflash it.

Now driving to get load. I start to see the eot steady at 217. Mind you I live in truck basically. I know my truck. Never above 204 ever empty. Maybe 220 on huge mountain passes. Coolant temps never high. Always 189 to 199. Soo I drove it at 217. And hooked up to 5th wheel camper. Within 1 mile on highway she spiked to 250. Shut her down and that was that.
Thought hmmmm... so put new oil cooler in. Now empty on level she was 208 steady. Now granted it’s not my 204 I’m used to but thought derate is 257 so I can live with 208. But soon as I climbed first mountain pass empty she went to 228 for the 8 mile climb. Now to almost no biggie. Remember I live and drive this daily and not shut it off. So I knew. ****. No load and still 228 on hill. If I put load it be the same. Also. Old oil cooler did not have any dirt or casting sand. Looked new. Even cut it in half after. Clean !!!

Sooo what can be my problem ??? Could the egr cooler be the problem ??? Even though it’s deleted. Aka unplugged it’s still in.... 5w40 and it’s fresh and full. I do notice coolant out of degas bottle and no leaking in ground. But coolant temps are always like I mentioned. Perfect. Same as tranny temps !!! Any help guys. This is my source for work and how I make money. I’m puzzled. Thanks in advance and sorry sooo long.

Once I did the delete I forgot to say that’s when it went to 208 steady and didn’t climb except on hill on a 500 mile trip .. soo that helped some. 2 day cold soak all temps are within 2 degrees.

Waiting on reply’s. Thanks !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Foxracing6.7; 01-11-2019 at 11:41 PM.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:33 AM   #2
JWhite

Name: JWhite
Title: Trained monkey
Member`s Gallery
More timing from the tune putting more heat into the engine / oil. Time to plumb in an extra oil cooler.

Closed Thread