Best Race/Pulling Series?

CookCR

I'm wanting my company to do more diesel events this year but with the demise of NHRDA I'm not really sure what's out there anymore. I know there is the ODSS events but I've never been to any of them aside from UCC, how large of an event are they typically?

Sled pulling- Is there any decent sled pulling series that is just diesel trucks? I know there are organizations that do everything but that will be a hard sell to marketing. Anything still operating that draws decent amounts of participants/spectators?

The ODSS events draw great crowds from what I have seen- as far as a truck only pulling series, you wont find one that gets Prostocks and 3.0's along with street trucks. Those guys have graduated to the big leagues.

As mentioned, pulling is tough. Most organizations have tractor classes as well which isn't all bad except the diesel trucks generally go last and end up pulling at midnight most of the time around here.

The ODSS events draw great crowds from what I have seen- as far as a truck only pulling series, you wont find one that gets Prostocks and 3.0's along with street trucks. Those guys have graduated to the big leagues.
Awesome, hopefully ODSS can be worked in. Thanks!

As mentioned, pulling is tough. Most organizations have tractor classes as well which isn't all bad except the diesel trucks generally go last and end up pulling at midnight most of the time around here.
Sounds like it's a side attraction and not the main event, I don't think they will go for that. Pretty much confirmed my suspicions. Thanks!

Sounds like it's a side attraction and not the main event, I don't think they will go for that. Pretty much confirmed my suspicions. Thanks!

Actually in most places the trucks draw the bigger crowds and hold the people in their seats longer. Why alot of times they are at the end of the shows.

Actually in most places the trucks draw the bigger crowds and hold the people in their seats longer. Why alot of times they are at the end of the shows.
Until it backfires of the venue. One local pull all but killed the diesel truck classes. Brought in cotpc I think, had a pile of trucks there, then proceeded to run all the other local crap first, think over half of the trucks left by midnight, think they finally ran the truck classes about 2am. Now they might get 5-10 diesel trucks total, most just street trucks. When the people are there to see a certain class, pull it early so they're happy they came.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Until it backfires of the venue. One local pull all but killed the diesel truck classes. Brought in cotpc I think, had a pile of trucks there, then proceeded to run all the other local crap first, think over half of the trucks left by midnight, think they finally ran the truck classes about 2am. Now they might get 5-10 diesel trucks total, most just street trucks. When the people are there to see a certain class, pull it early so they're happy they came.

This. There are various reasons trucks go last but at the end of the day its ridiculous. It killed a lot of us off around here. The final straw for me was how boring it was. I sold my puller after we went to Flora, IN with it. We pulled at 2am. Got one single hook because they decided to lump all of the classes together that night since it was so late and most people left. I sat there for 6+ hours for one phukkin hook. Sold it within 2 weeks after that. We never pulled before 10pm and the majority were midnight or later. It gets real old fast.

This. There are various reasons trucks go last but at the end of the day its ridiculous. It killed a lot of us off around here. The final straw for me was how boring it was. I sold my puller after we went to Flora, IN with it. We pulled at 2am. Got one single hook because they decided to lump all of the classes together that night since it was so late and most people left. I sat there for 6+ hours for one phukkin hook. Sold it within 2 weeks after that. We never pulled before 10pm and the majority were midnight or later. It gets real old fast.

Part of that goes back on organizers of event. For the pull we run, we've always finished before 1230. But I understand how it can get outta hand. If I see the sun coming up I'd rather be getting off work, not going home from truck pulling.

Other than NTPA events, most all other pulls I've been to in the past decade plus, the majority of the spectators are there specifically to see the diesel trucks. They should be a first half of the order class, or maybe what some do, and shuffle the order from event to event, not always burying the one people want to see in Hope's that they stick around and buy more overpriced refreshments.

Other than NTPA events, most all other pulls I've been to in the past decade plus, the majority of the spectators are there specifically to see the diesel trucks. They should be a first half of the order class, or maybe what some do, and shuffle the order from event to event, not always burying the one people want to see in Hope's that they stick around and buy more overpriced refreshments.

Not saying it's right, but it's promoter logic.

It works for bands... I know a place that regularly does the headliner first, it confuses people.

Back