What's up with this manifold??

Olee Poole

I normally use ATS or HTT manifolds.. But I give PDI brand a try and what the heck??

Should it be CNCed for both 12v and 24v exhaust ports?? I hope not if so then gaskets are going to burn right away..

1st always open parts and check them out before removing parts off your truck:nail:

Attachments

• DSC05215.jpg
    DSC05215.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC05216.jpg
    DSC05216.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Well i guess this PDI is going back then.. I don't care for it with both patterns

To me that's a cheap way of doing things a one fits all. Oh well back to HTT because ATS has been on back order forever!

I don't and its installed so not going to pull it off until it starts leaking, If I have any problems ill let you know but I don't foresee any. (I do understand then concept you are getting at though)

Not what my Steed looks like.
photo-97.jpg

photo-99.jpg

Thats the way I have seen several of the lately. Got one on the race truck with both patterns and no problems with gaskets at all.

I have made 24v manifolds work on a 12v by making them look like that. Both of my Steed speed manifolds have been like that on our puller with zero issues.

I just got mine a couple weeks ago so maybe it's something they started doing more recently. I just know that all the things I saw about them said round OR square, not both.

With the dual ports.. There is going to be parts of the gasket that's not crushed i see them being a hot spot and melting away.. Oh well maybe ATS will get there butts in gear and I will use there manifolds!

Don't care for the ONE fits all port manifolds maybe it's a great selling point? I know it easier for them to only stock one manifold just a diff bolt kits for 12v vs. 24v

Back