Need some serious help

smokjunky

Just the new guy
So I sold my old ex 2 yrs ago and regretted every minute of it. I just bought an 03 ex 6.0 with 186××× on it. It has studs, bd mani ,4in exhaust, newer trans , k and knuckles intake, new fuel pump , egr delete, sinister fuel regulator gauge it looks like, sinister ficm.
He's the question hahah bought from a dealer 5 under book because it's not running lmfao young and dumb. Drove off the truck they said. Then a stupid employee loaded the hypertech programmer on it now it's in theft mode. This was before we bought it.
I've done the key trick and I also took the batteries off for 30 min still no luck. Bought a spare key no go.
My buddy owns a diesel shop and he broght over his scan tool to talk to the theft system. The scan tool won't read the pcm or theft system and also my edge monitor won't either. I've try ed to load the programmer also and it won't do that either gives me 6f code unable to read vehicles vin the hypertech says.

So I'm lost my buddy is going to mess with it tomorrow at his shop then it's to ford

So ford's stumped still no talking and fuses are good. They said everything the key is turned from off to start the odometer goes back to all zeros and then brings up the right number. They said it's like it's reseting it's self everytime.
I'm at an hr of labor at 2 I told them to call me and maybe buy a new pcm I'm stuck right now.
Any other options?

So ford finally got the obd2 port to read. Found that the hypertech had wiped the pcm clean. So 400 buck later the ex is back on the road and drives amazing

Ford should have just installed "As built" data and it would be fine. Takes 10 minutes. $400 is a ripoff.......

Back